Activation Key cURL error 28
Mar 15, 2019 7:07 pm
I’m unable to activate the plugin via the WP Dashboard.
The error while activating is: Something went wrong: cURL error 28: Resolving timed out after 5514 milliseconds
Many thanks for your help in advance
Mar 15, 2019 10:42 pm
This problem comes from your hosting server configuration, please wait for a few minutes and try to activate it again. If you still see the same error, please contact your hosting service and ask them set the cURL timeout to 30 seconds. Currently it's too short, it's 5 seconds.
Also please let your hosting service support to ensure that your site meet actual requirements for secure connections. Your server must be able to perform connections using SHA-2 and TLS 1.2, as this is required for third-party services as PayPal, Stripe, Authorize.net and many others that are using the HTTPS protocol to ensure privacy in connections to their services. So make a favor to yourself and ensure that your site is hosted on a server with at least cURL version 7.34.0 or higher, OpenSSL/1.0.1 or higher (another library) and also a recent version of PHP, currently 7.1 is the recommended choice.
If you already checked that you’re running the recent versions mentioned above. Other common causes at server side for this error are:
- Plugin conflict, we recommend deactivate other plugins and try to activate it again.
- Issues with the DNS resolving (your server is not able to resolve the IP for the third-party domain or at least not in time).
- Firewalls or security modules (e.g. mod_security ) blocking the outgoing request.
- Your host is not able to “talk” with the third-party server due to unavailable required protocols. This can occur if the server has a recent cURL/OpenSSL but it’s not correctly configured to use TLS 1.2 as SSL procotol.
- Network issues (something at network level prevents your server to reach the gvectors.com server). Please contact to hosting services support and make sure they don't block connections to gvectors.com server.