wpForo Advanced Attachments Features
- Adds “Attach File” button in topic and post editor
- Opens an extended file attachment window
- AJAX multiple file uploading and validation system
- Visual control over multiple file uploading process
- Allows to preview, watch and listen attached images, videos and audios
- Allows to upload files by dragging them on your browser window.
- Individual media library for each forum user.
- Files can be inserted inline, between post content texts.
- Files count, size and type control system
- Powerful lightbox slider to display file attachments
- Lots of displaying options to customize all kind of media components (images, thumbnails, players…)
- Integrated with wpForo Usergroup and Forum Access permission system
- Allows to disable attachment viewing by guests and certain usergroup.
- All front-end phrases are available in setting page for quick translation to any language
- Super responsive user interface, looks nice on all devices and screen dimensions
- RTL ready
Installation and Configuration
- This addon installs like any other plugin for WordPress.
Access to wpForo Advanced Attachments is provided immediately once you paid for your order. Upon completing registration/checkout, you may log in at gVectors.com. We will also send you an email after registration/checkout, with a link to the login page. Then download the installation package.
- Downloaded addon zip file from gVectors Shop account page
- Navigate to Dashboard > Plugins > Add new and upload addon ZIP file, then activate it.
- Once the plugin is active, navigate to WordPress Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Addons Tab > Attachments to begin configuration…
- It’ll ask you to activate with license key you got via email or in your account page, just insert the key and activate it.
If for some reason you cannot install this plugin using WordPress plugin upload system please do that with this alternative way. Unzip, and then upload the /wpforo-advanced-attachments/ folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory using an FTP application like FileZilla; or any other FTP program is fine also. Make sure you have not double /wpforo-advanced-attachments/wpforo-advanced-attachments/ directories nested inside each other, please correct this before you continue. Then in WordPress, go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins, and then activate the wpForo Advanced Attachments addon.
Fixed Bug: Addon Activation and Update Notification Problems.
Fixed Bug: Problems with HTTPS websites.
Fixed Bug: Case sensitive issue in allowed file extensions list.
Fixed Bug: HTTP Error 500 when updating addon settings.