wpForo Advanced Attachments Features
- Adds “Attach File” button in topic and post editor
- Opens an extended file attachment window
- AJAX multiple file uploading and validation system
- Visual control over multiple file uploading process
- Allows to preview, watch and listen attached images, videos and audios
- Allows to upload files by dragging them on your browser window.
- Individual media library for each forum user.
- Files can be inserted inline, between post content texts.
- Files count, size and type control system
- Powerful lightbox slider to display file attachments
- Lots of displaying options to customize all kind of media components (images, thumbnails, players…)
- Integrated with wpForo Usergroup and Forum Access permission system
- Allows to disable attachment viewing by guests and certain usergroup.
- All front-end phrases are available in setting page for quick translation to any language
- Super responsive user interface, looks nice on all devices and screen dimensions
- RTL ready
Installation and Configuration
- This addon installs like any other plugin for WordPress.
Access to wpForo Advanced Attachments is provided immediately once you paid for your order. Upon completing registration/checkout, you may log in at gVectors.com. We will also send you an email after registration/checkout, with a link to the login page. Then download the installation package.
- Downloaded addon zip file from gVectors Shop account page
- Navigate to Dashboard > Plugins > Add new and upload addon ZIP file, then activate it.
- Once the plugin is active, navigate to WordPress Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Addons Tab > Attachments to begin configuration…
- It’ll ask you to activate with license key you got via email or in your account page, just insert the key and activate it.
If for some reason you cannot install this plugin using WordPress plugin upload system please do that with this alternative way. Unzip, and then upload the /wpforo-advanced-attachments/ folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory using an FTP application like FileZilla; or any other FTP program is fine also. Make sure you have not double /wpforo-advanced-attachments/wpforo-advanced-attachments/ directories nested inside each other, please correct this before you continue. Then in WordPress, go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins, and then activate the wpForo Advanced Attachments addon.
Added: wpForo 1.7.5 compatibility
Added: wpForo 1.7.1 compatibility
Fixed: Image duplication issue when copy and paste it from web
Fixed: Attachment displaying issue on small screens
Optimized: JS/CSS files
Fixed Bug: Problems after updating the previous version. Images were not displayed, the user media library issues.
Added: PHP 7.4 Compatibility
Added: File attachment with a quick Attach Files button
Added: The pop-up Media Library moved to editor bottom side
Added: Upload and insert image thumbnails in the post editor
Added: Draggable image thumbnails in the editor, you can put it inline wherever you want
Added: Insert to post button for each uploaded file to control the sequence
Added: Option to stop direct access to attachment files via URL. It keeps files private and secure.
Fixed Bugs: Many bugs are fixed.
Fixed: Dialog bug for iOS
Style improvement: Attachment button and file uploading dialog.
Fixed: Dialog lazyload for some browsers
Added: Lazy load feature in attachments dialog
Added: Max upload file size with Bites
Added: Ability to change already attached file names from dashboard Attachments
Added: Drag and Drop file uploading feature
Added: Copy image from PC or other devices and paste in editor
Added: jQuery uploader lib updated to the latest version 9.32.0
Added: wpForo 1.6.2 compatibility
Added: wpForo 1.6 compatibility
Fixed Bug: Attachment is not available after editing posts.
Fixed Bug: JS loading optimization to avoid disabling of synchronous requests by browsers Feature Policy.
Added: Attached file owner control.
Fixed bug: File uploading and attaching issues on some Android and iOS devices
Fixed bug: Unable to translate some error phrases
Added: Font Awesome 5, compatible with wpForo 1.4.6 and higher
Added: Image title in lightbox.
Fixed Bug: The same image title for all attached images.
Fixed Bug: Attached file order based on inserted file IDs.
Changed: UI/UX of the pop-up file uploader is totaly re-developed based on lighter solutions.
Changed: Better respocive view on all size of screens.
Added: Asks for confirmation when the delete button is clicked.
Fixed Bug: Pop-up stuck on Android Mobiles, not passible to scroll and atatch files.
Fixed Bug: Dislay issues on iOS Mobile devices. Unable to upload file on some devices.
Added: wpForo 1.4.3 Compatibility (please don’t update for old versions)
Added: Alt and Title tags for attached images. Automatically adds based on filename.
Added: Ability to insert custom alt/title in [attach] shortcode. Syntax: [attach title=”My Image title”]235[/attach]
Fixed Bug: PHP Errors, Warning: array_diff(): Argument #1 is not an array .
Fixed Bug: PHP Errors, warnings, notices.
Added: File Manager in Dashboard. Allows to delete, search, view attachments filtered by users and file type.
Fixed Bug: File delete action issue, changed DELETE to POST.
Fixed Bug: CSS issues on mobile.
Fixed Bug: Other small bugs.
Fixed Bug: Addon Activation and Update Notification Problems.
Fixed Bug: Problems with HTTPS websites.
Fixed Bug: Case sensitive issue in allowed file extensions list.
Fixed Bug: HTTP Error 500 when updating addon settings.