[Closed] How to Update Addons?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Tom
(@tomson)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

Like other WordPress plugins you should see "Update now" link on plugin list (one click update). If your license key is activated and it's not expired the update link should be there. If the update link doesn't exist or it's not there please follow to the instruction below:

We recommend you to ensure that your site meet actual requirements for secure connections. Your server must be able to perform connections using SHA-2 and TLS 1.2, as this is required for third-party services as PayPal, Stripe, Authorize.net and many others that are using the HTTPS protocol to ensure privacy in connections to their services. So make a favor to yourself and ensure that your site is hosted on a server with at least cURL version 7.34.0 or higher, OpenSSL/1.0.1 or higher (another library) and also a recent version of PHP, currently 7.0 is the recommended choice.

If you already checked that you’re running the recent versions mentioned above. Other common causes at server side for this error are:

• Plugin conflict, we recommend deactivate other plugins and try to activate addon key again.
  • Issues with the DNS resolving (your server is not able to resolve the IP for the third-party domain or at least not in time).
  • Firewalls or security modules (e.g. mod_security ) blocking the outgoing request.
  • Your host is not able to “talk” with the third-party server due to unavailable required protocols. This can occur if the server has a recent cURL/OpenSSL but it’s not correctly configured to use TLS 1.2 as SSL procotol.
  • Network issues (something at network level prevents your server to reach the gvectors.com server). Please contact to hosting services support and make sure they don't block connections to gvectors.com server.

You always can update manually!

1. Deactivate the addon and delete it.

2. Download new version in gVectors Store > My Account page

3. Navigate in your website to Dashboard > Plugins admin page, click on [Add new] button, upload the addon ZIP file and activate it.

Posted : 14/03/2018 9:24 am
 Tom
(@tomson)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

If you're not updated wpForo to 2.0 then you should not update addons to 3.0.x and higher version. So please check your addon and wpForo versions before updating.

wpForo 2.0.x only works with 3.0.x versions of addons

wpForo 1.9.x works with 1.x - 2.x versions of addons

Like other WordPress plugins, you should see "Update now" link on plugin list (one click update). If your license key is activated, and it's not expired, the update link should be there. If the update link doesn't exist, please try to navigate to Dashboard > Updates admin page and recheck the updates. If nothing helps, please do a manual update:

1. Deactivate the addon and delete it.

2. Download new version in gVectors Store > My Account page

3. Navigate in your website to Dashboard > Plugins admin page, click on [Add new] button, upload the addon ZIP file and activate it:

wpForo plugin manual update

Posted : 05/08/2022 1:31 am
(@cynthia-tunstall)
Member Customer

My add-ons are currently deactivated.   I had to de-activate them to get my website back online.   Should I ACTIVATE them THEN try to update?  As they sit right now, they are not showing in my update list.  

Posted : 06/08/2022 1:23 am
 Tom
(@tomson)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

@cynthia-tunstall,

No, please don't activate them if their versions are not 3.0.x, you can only activate addons with 3.0.x versions with wpForo 2.0. So please delete them and follow the instruction of my previous post (manual update).

Posted : 06/08/2022 1:42 am
Share:
Scroll to top