wpDiscuz – myCRED Integration addon Features
- wpDiscuz Comment likes/dislikes to myCRED Points conversion
- Integrates myCRED Badges and Ranks with wpDiscuz.
- Displays members earned badge and rank images under comment author avatar and label.
- Responsive myCRED Badges and Ranks look nice on any screen dimension
- RTL Ready
- myCRED Hooks admin page:
- Adds wpDiscuz hook widget
- Enable/Disable «Comment Like to Point» conversion
- Option to set amount of Up and Down Points for liked/voted comment author
- Option to set amount of Up and Down Points for members who liked/voted other comments
- Display/Hide member Badges on comment list under user avatar
- Display/Hide member Ranks on comment list under user avatar
- Log template
Installation and Configuration
- First make sure the myCRED plugin is installed.
- Then go to Dashboard > Points > Add-ons admin page and activate the “Badges” and “Ranks” addons.
- Then start to install your purchased wpDiscuz – myCRED Integration addon. This addon installs like any other plugin for WordPress.
Access to the addon is provided immediately after you’ve paid for your order. Upon completing registration/checkout, you may log in at gVectors.com. We will also send you an email after registration/checkout, with a link to the login page. Then download the installation package.
- Go to Dashboard > Plugins, and then activate the wpDiscuz – myCRED Integration addon.
- Once the plugin is active, it’ll ask you to activate with license key you got via email or in your account page, just insert the key and activate it.
- Then go to Dashboard > Points > Hooks admin page, drag and drop [Points for Comments] and [wpDiscuz Integration] widgets into the Active Hook sidebar and configure points.
- Set your preferred amount of points for comments and for comment likes / dislikes.
- Enable myCRED Badges and Ranks, to display those under comment author avatar and label.
Pre Sale Support
Is it possible to make a function when one user thanks another for the correct answer with their points in the comments. For example, one user wrote a solution to my article, I and other users can translate 100 points to him in the comments. He receives a response to his comment where it is written how much he was transferred and his balance is replenished. Right now you only earn points for likes, and I would like to earn points from one user to another.
The addon doesn’t have such a feature.
Currently, we have plugin customization and custom addon development services at the gVectors Team. They can assess the work and create it for you. Just contact us via sales[at]gvectors.com email address and send a list of requirements you’d like to have.
Can I change the text “Point” to something like “gem”?
wpDiscuz – myCRED Integration addon takes that word from myCRED plugins label.
You can change the word from Dashboard > Points > Settings Admin Page.
Hello there. Are badges have tiers? Say i want my “silver” one to be upgraded to “gold” by reaching 1000 from 500? Or are those more like a game achievement where there is only one requirement per badge?
This should be configured by the myCRED plugin side, but not the wpDiscuz – myCRED Integration addon side.
Could you guys consider in the future adding a myCRED to WP Discuzz that gives points for rating an article?
I’ll ask the developers to consider adding this feature in future versions.
How can I show the points and badges under the users avatar instead of next to it?
This depends on the layout you’re using. Please find out more info for the wpDiscuz layouts here: https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-7/getting-started/manage-comment-forms/comment-form-settings/#comment-thread-layout
Also, please note, that this is not the right place to ask this question. This is the pre-sale question section, where you can ask all pre-sale questions you have, before purchasing this plugin.
Just open a new support topic in the wpDiscuz – myCRED Integration forum: https://gvectors.com/forum/mycred-integration/
I have some questions.
1. If one user get a like then is getting 1 point, if he gets a dislike he rest -1 point. Right ?
2. I will like that users who share the post receive like 10 points. is this possible ? (this will increase dramatically the seo if community enjoy it)
3. If one user have to many badges (like 10 badges) it will show them all on his avatar ? the perfect situation should be that the user can chose 4 favorites badges to show from all, and the rest of the badges can be seen when someone click on his avatar.
4. In the future could spend those points to claim a prize or something? (I’m thinking for example to give them free goodies or key games if they reach such amount of points like 500 points to claim these freebies, 1000 points to claim this key game.)
5. Another interesting feature I think will be Freeze User Votes. If someone give dislikes to all people, for trolling or whatever it will be nice to have the option to freeze his account so he can’t vote anymore until time of penalization has passed, could 1 month o 3 months etc.
I really hope you guys still working on this plugin to make new features.
Please note: wpDiscuz myCRED Integration add-on is only an integration addon, that allows myCRED and wpDiscuz work together. The add-on allows to award Points for comment Like / Dislike, display earned Badges under comment author avatar, etc.
Most of your requested features don’t have any relation to wpDiscuz myCRED Integration add-on. Those are related to the core myCRED plugin.
I understand that , but the fact that I buy your plugin just for what other plugin can offer is not what I expect.
(yet all my points are related to your plugin even if works with another plugin I wish you guys that can work on some feature I said somehow. ) – no we can’t, if you want talk with the other plugin devs.
Is it possible to send an email to users who have earned a certain number of points, congratulating them?
This question doesn’t have any relation to wpDiscuz – myCRED Integration addon. You should contact the myCRED plugin support with this question.
Is it possible to have a “wall of fame” type of page where all those who have posted comments are listed with their points and ranks?
I’m really sorry, but wpDiscuz – myCRED Integration addon doesn’t have such a feature. Please note this addon is just an integration addon. It allows wpDiscuz and myCRED plugins to work together.
Would be possible, by using some CSS tricks, to turn the Badge element into a png “frame” that would go around the user profile picture? Thanks
We’re really sorry but we don’t follow you well. Please try to explain in other words or by using some screenshots.
Hello, thank you very much for such a quick answer!
And if one user writes a post and other users are clicking the 5 star rating under this post, then the first user (who wrote that post) earns MyCred points, am I right?
Sorry for the late response.
The wpDiscuz – myCRED Integration gives points only for like/dislike, not for rating.
Hello! If one user likes or dislikes a comment of the other user – can he loose 1 myCred point from his account for each like/dislike that he made? Is there such an option or not?
There is no such an option. The user does not lose the points when he/she likes/dislikes a comment of the other user.
If I should get the purpose of the plugin right; It awards user for comment likes and dislikes, not the comment itself? Is this true? Moreover, I will wish you add more mycred functionalities to your other add ons, as I aim to buy the bundle. It will encourage more participation. Thank you
Hi Victor O,
Thank you for your interest in wpDiscuz addons and for contacting us.
The myCRED plugin already allows you to get points for publishing contents, thus wpDiscuz – myCRED Integration doesn’t have such feature. It’s already include in the core myCRED plugin. The addon allows comment authors get points if their comments have been liked/voted up, and they’ll lose points in cases dislikes/downvotes. wpDiscuz – myCRED Integration addon also displays member badges and ranks under comment author avatar and label, etc.
hey, how can I display the rank like you? For example *supporter*. Instead of Guest, I want a different rank. But if I create this rank, it displays under *guest*. Please help
This question doesn’t have any relation to wpDiscuz myCRED Integration addon. It even doesn’t related to wpDiscuz plugin. Here we use WooDiscuz plugin not wpDiscuz. For further support please use our support forum. This is the addon pre-sale question area.
This is not the right place to ask questions. Please open a new support topic in the add-on support forum: https://gvectors.com/forum/mycred-integration/
Don’t forget to include an example URL and some screenshots of the issue.
Hi, Can you get points for sharing on Social media?
I’m sorry, but there is no such a feature yet. We’ll take it into consideration for future releases.
Is it need myCRED plugin?
Yes, sure, this is just an addon to integrate two plugins (myCRED and wpDiscuz). The myCRED and wpDiscuz should be installed before this addon installation.
Has the 40% off coupon already been applied to the 3 site license?
I’m sorry but the 40% off is only available for Single Site License.
However the 3 Site License is discounted too. The regular price for wpDiscuz Addons 3SL is $39-$45. Most of addons’ 3SL is currently $30. And myCRED is $35.
hi I have been buying wpDiscuz – myCRED Integration and i add it to my site but But something does not appear in the Control Panel ?
thank you for purchasing wpDiscuz addon. After the installation you should navigate to myCRED > Hooks admin page and find wpDiscuz tab. All settings are located in myCRED Hooks admin page:
Make sure you’ve installed myCRED plugin:
Hello, I see that we can display members rank logo with “wpDiscuz – myCRED Integration”. Could you tell me if it is possible to display members title rank (not logo) ?
I’m sorry but there is not such an option yet. Could you please explain what do you mean saying “members title rank”?
I would like something like that :
This user has the “I AM THE FIRST” title rank . The logo rank is the cup trophy.
I would like to show the logo rank and the title rank in wpDiscuz for each user.
Ok, thank you, I see what you mean. We’ll work around this.
how long we get future updates? do we have to pay for updates after one year later?
Products subject to yearly license for future updates. You can use it forever, but after 365 day you’ll need to update the license. There is no payment subscriptions. You’ll buy it manually whenever you want after 365 days.
Thanks. I thought to buy myCRED Integration for my small blog. but as I seen it doesn’t do much. so don’t you think $25 is too much for this plugin for one year? If it’s like $10 for this specific plugin, I would happy to buy it right away.
from where can I download images for the badges?
You can find any badge you want in google. There are lots of free badges:
I have a question. I run a pretty active blog at tradingschools.org and my commentors all show up as Guests. In order to assign them badges, etc. Do they need to register, or does the software automatically detect them? Thanks, Emmett
wpDiscuz myCRED integration is just a solution to integrate myCRED and wpDiscuz plugins. This question should be addressed to myCRED support.
The main two features of this addon.
1. It’s integrated with myCRED hooks, it adds a new option to +/- user points based on wpDiscuz comment likes/dislikes. This «Like to Point» feature also works for voters, they can get certain amount of points for comment voting. You can manage points for comment author and for comment voters in myCRED hook setting page.
2. This addon adds new Badge option for “Received comment likes , Received comment dislikes”. So you can add new Badge Levels for active comment authors. This increases comment author engagement.
I already own myCRED. I just wanted to know whether myCred will be able to figure out the different guests. Notice on this very thread, how everyone is a Guest, will myCred be able to sort through the guests and know who is who?
As it stands right now, users must be logged in to get points for comments and the same goes for the authors as myCRED saves the commenters ID as a reference to prevent duplicate points for the same comment. Guests can plus/minus member points by clicking on like/dislikes. Also post author will get paints if guest commented under their post (if according budge system is activated )
Does it require any third party memberships, or does it communicate with any third party servers?
It doesn’t, you should install myCRED free WordPress plugin, that’s it.
this is the right place where you can ask all per-sale questions you have, before purchasing this plugin. We’ll be in touch and reply within 1-2 hours for GMT +1 to +12 and within 4-6 hours for GMT -1 to -12. Our customer support representatives are available 7 days a week from 6am to 10pm (GMT 0:00, London) ; excluding all major holidays.