Clear all

Autopost

12 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
Customer
Topic starter
(@mariosgr)

Is it possible to make Blog Cross Posting to create forum post automatically when a comment is added ?

I add the post , if someones replies /Comments the post, to aytocreate a forum topic in a category that is set from before.

Topic Tags
11 Replies
Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member

Hi @mariosgr,

I'm sorry but there is no such feature. 

Customer
Topic starter
(@mariosgr)

Then it will be perfect to create it :),

it will free everybodys hands, because it will be no need to create topic manual.

I had it in the my old forum and it was very usefull.

I had a category invisable , all topics were created in there, and when i had comments in a blog post, i was moving the topic to the correct category.

The cross blog i had, had 3 options,

create the forum topic when you create the blog post,

create the forum topic in the first visit

and create the fporum topic with first post.

If you understand how much usefull and admin friendly it is like that,

i am sure you will make it.

Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member

@mariosgr,

The current Cross-posting options are these:

• Blog-post to forum topic (when you create a post manually and can choose the target forum in edit post screen)
  • Post comment to topic reply (automatically) 
  • Topic reply to post comment (automatically)

As far as I can see you're talking about the first option in your first post. So the topics will be created when you've created a blog post automatically. 

1 Reply
Customer
(@mariosgr)

Posted by: Astghik
  • Blog-post to forum topic (when you create a post manually and can choose the target forum in edit post screen)

As far as I can see you're talking about the first option in your first post. So the topics will be created when you've created a blog post automatically. 

And here i am asking if it is possible to modify it,

so we will be able to set a category with ID for example ,

and post automatically with one ofthe options i mentioned

Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member

@mariosgr,

I'm sorry but I still don't follow you. Are you talking about Forum Topic to Blog Post cross-posting? Currently, only Blog Post to Forum Topic is available.
If not why you want to add category ID? There is already a list of Forum categories and forums to select before publishing the post and cross-posting it to the forum.

2 Replies
Customer
(@mariosgr)

@mariosgr,

I'm sorry but I still don't follow you. Are you talking about Forum Topic to Blog Post cross-posting? Currently, only Blog Post to Forum Topic is available.
If not why you want to add category ID? There is already a list of Forum categories and forums to select before publishing the post and cross-posting it to the forum.

I am talking for blog posts to forum topics.

I want to add category ID because it will be created NOT manually,but automatically,  so in that category there will be all new topics and from there i will move to the correct category. This because i have sometimes 20-30 blog posts per day and i have no time to make manual their forum posts.

I hope you understood me now.

Tom
Admin
(@tomson)

Famed Member
Posted by: Mariosgr

@mariosgr,

I am talking for blog posts to forum topics.

I want to add category ID because it will be created NOT manually,but automatically,  so in that category there will be all new topics and from there i will move to the correct category. This because i have sometimes 20-30 blog posts per day and i have no time to make manual their forum posts.

I hope you understood me now.

Ok, it's clear now, but I'm sorry there is no an easy way to do this. This requires custom codding and this is not an easy task. The addon doesn't support such functions, all should be created by custom developing.

Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to top