First of all, I'd suggest you check out all wpForo layouts. Currently, it comes with four layouts:
- 1. Extended Layout: Classic forum layout with an unique feature to show one level deeper information in advance.
- 2. Simplified Layout: Light, modern and beautiful forum layout with topic and post author avatars on forum and topic lists.
- 3. Question and Answer Layout: Complete Question & Answers discussion board for professional support and for communities similar to Stack Overflow. Perfect platform for users to ask and answer questions, and, through membership and active participation, to vote up or down.
- 4. Threaded Layout: You can use this layout for any kind of discussions, especially for support forums, support tickets, product reviewing discussions and thread oriented forums (small number of categories and forums, even just one forum)
More info here: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/categories-and-forums/forum-layouts/
I think in your case the Q&A and threaded layout will fit perfectly.
I'd also suggest you check out the following two addons:
1. wpForo Advanced Attachments:
The wpForo Advanced Attachments is a file attachment plugin. It allows attaching multiple files, images, videos, audio and all other file types you’ve allowed in settings.
2. wpForo Embeds.
The wpForo Embeds addon is designed as a core post content replacer. It checks content provider URLs and replaces to content provider view (video, audio players, social network widgets, etc..).
wpForo Embeds is a 3rd party URL (Youtube, Soundcloud, etc.) embed-er addon.