Is this a bug? Plugin upscale images when they are smaller than 1080px

22 Posts
5 Users
2 Likes
Customer
Topic starter
(@mathias-latournerie)

Hey,

I just bought this plugin and I don't understand what is happening. I think I have two bugs:

1 - When I upload a small image (like a 512px*512px image), I get a strange inline preview like this:

Capture d’écran 2021 02 16 021351

This doesn't happen on your own forum...

2 - Once uploaded and posted, I can see that the plugin upscaled the original image to 1080px height!

I'm guessing this is a bug because of your new "auto-resize" system.

3 - Even if you fix this bug, can you tell me how to prevent this auto-resize? There's no option to change it. Some users need to be able to share bigger pictures. I don't need this feature at all.

Thanks for your help.

21 Replies
Customer
Topic starter
(@mathias-latournerie)

Hello?

I'd like to get some support on this please.

Razmik
Admin
(@blackraz)
Famed Member

Hi dear @mathias-latournerie

using this "Code Snippets" plugin you can add this php code for disabling auto resize your uploaded images.

add_filter('wpforoattach_uploader_class_options', function($options){
	$options['image_versions']['']['max_height'] = 0;
	return $options;
});
5 Replies
Customer
(@mathias-latournerie)

@razmik Hi!

Thanks, the second issue is fixed, it doesn't resize the original file anymore! However, I still have the first issue, ie: the thumbnail "max size" setting isn't a "max size", it's a fixed size.

So my thumbnails have the same issue of getting upscaled

And obviously, I don't want to just remove the thumbnail resize, it wouldn't be a thumbnail if it doesn't resize. I would just want the resize to occurs only if the image is bigger than the max size. That sounds to me like the expected behavior but it doesn't work right now.

Razmik
Admin
(@blackraz)

Famed Member

@mathias-latournerie

OK, I will inform about this problem to our developers, and we will add this topic to under consideration.

Customer
(@mathias-latournerie)

@razmik Thanks! One thing to consider: I do not have this issue on my local environment, and I noticed my local env do not have the Imagick extension and therefore is using GD2. So it's possible there's a bug only with the Imagick implementation.

Razmik
Admin
(@blackraz)

Famed Member

@mathias-latournerie

Maybe, thanks for information.

Customer
(@mathias-latournerie)

@blackraz Hello. Any news about this?
I've bought this plugin 2 months ago and still haven't been able to use it because of this bug.

I know fixes can take some time, but I feel like it is taking a bit longer than it should, considering how critical this bug is to the usability of the product.

Customer
(@meibukan76)

Having this same issue even with the code snippet. If I have the thumbnail set to 400x400, it's taking smaller images and upsizing them so the longest edge is 400 instead of leaving it at the original size, which is the expected behavior.

Is there a timeline for this fix?

4 Replies
 Tom
Admin
(@tomson)

Famed Member

@meibukan76,

Please leave direct URL to the post where we can see this issue.

Customer
(@meibukan76)

@tomson

https://acousticafterparty.com/community/issues/pic-size-test/#post-278

Note that this is in the admin/mod area of a private forum. I have the debug setting turned on, but if you need further access then PM me.

Tom
Admin
(@tomson)

Famed Member

@meibukan76,

Please disable the debug.

Tom
Admin
(@tomson)

Famed Member

And provide a regular user username/pass to allow us check it. Just PM me the login details.

Customer
Topic starter
(@mathias-latournerie)

Hey, I'm still waiting for a fix for this. I bought this addon more than 5 months ago and I still can't use it. I really don't want to make a scene, but I feel like this is not ok to treat me like this. And you are releasing new paid addons in the meanwhile.

Could you please put more priority on fixing already released addons? As a regular customer (>$200 already), I'm starting to regret my choices.
Thank you.

7 Replies
 Tom
Admin
(@tomson)

Famed Member

@mathias-latournerie,

This issue has been fixed in latest 2.1.1 version. Please let me know the version you're currently using. Also, please check the functions.php file of your active WordPress theme and let me know if you still use the code provided above: https://gvectors.com/forum/postid/27366/

Customer
(@mathias-latournerie)

@tomson Hello. I am using the latest version (2.1.1) and I still have this issue. Also yes, I still have the filter in the functions.php file of my activated theme.

I've made a video showing the issue: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/criUYoViM2Q

Thanks for your help!

Tom
Admin
(@tomson)

Famed Member

@mathias-latournerie,

Ok, please remove the hook code, go to Forums > Settings > Addons Tab > Attachments Sub-tab and update all options. Then delete all kind of cache and check it again.

Customer
(@mathias-latournerie)

@tomson I removed the hook, then went to the mentioned tab and clicked on "Update options", purged all cache.

It didn't change anything, I still have the same behavior.

Tom
Admin
(@tomson)

Famed Member

@mathias-latournerie,

This is probably a CSS issue. We could debug it and help you if you leave a direct URL to your forum.

Customer
(@mathias-latournerie)

@tomson It doesn't look like a CSS issue, I can see that the generated thumbnails are 300x300px

https://www.foundryvtt-hub.com/community

Razmik
Admin
(@blackraz)

Famed Member

@mathias-latournerie 

Could you please send the admin login details to support[at]gvectors.com email address? I'll ask the developers to check the issue for you.

Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to top