Thank you for contacting us.
Is there a way to “enabled” the given stars again?
Sure, the stars will not be supposed to be lost in this case.
We've just tried the following steps:
- We created a new comment form called "Test" and created a new Rating field there
- Enabled the "Test" form for the post types
- Several times we've rated the article
- Then we've trashed the "Test" comment form
- After this, the rating disappears, as expected
- Then we've restored the "Test" comment form
- Edit it and found that the post types are not enabled in the "Display comment form for post types" option, so we've enabled it for the post type
- Then we've deleted all caches and check it again all ratings we've made before appears again.
I guess currently you have two comment forms with rating fields, don't you? If so please edit the comment form you've trashed and make sure the "Display comment form for post types" option is checked for the post types.
If you won't be able to manage this, please send the admin login details to info[at]gvectors.com email address, we'll check and provide a solution for you.