Embedded YouTube video doesn't appear without full page refresh
Hi wpDiscuz Support Team & User Community,
Here is the scenario:
- I'm using wpDiscuz Media Uploader Add-on and I've enabled "Allow media embedding function" on the Add-on tab.
- If I post YouTube video URL without any other text then the comment appears as a blank post (author's avatar + the voting buttons but no video nor its URL).
- If I post a YouTube video as a part of some other text then the comment is posted but the video appears as a clickable text hyperlink and not in the media player.
- In both cases, the media player also doesn't appear on the screens of other users who are currently on that page.
- In both cases, the media player does appear on a full page refresh (F5).
- In a nutshell, the AJAX refresh doesn't display media player.
- A user will never know that he needs to refresh his page to see the video that he just posted. He is going to think that the system has a bug and it's not allowing the embedding of the YouTube video.
- The auto refresh becomes meaningless if the new entry doesn't appear in front of other visitors who are currently viewing those comments.
1. I've created a page for your test. Please visit http://buzznbeat.com/youtube-embed/ and login with the following credentials:
i. Username: tom
ii. Password: C$8Qwk0Q7h8!(hql3x#NO53!
2. In my original post I said that the media player appears upon page refresh but I was mistaken. It appears only if the URL is entered on its own line but not if it's entered as a part of some other text.
3. I'm attaching a few screenshots for your info but entering comments yourself would give you a better understanding of the issue.
4. On the side note, if I enter a YouTube URL in the chat window, it appears instantly regardless of how it's been entered. Please visit http://buzznbeat.com/youtube-in-chat/ to test it too.
5. Since both the chat and wpDiscuz comments use AJAX for sectional refresh therefore I believe they should work the same way.
I fully agree that such info should not be published as public.
When I entered that info, I wanted to make it private but I couldn't find a way to do that. I remember that we get that option while starting a new ticket.
Anyway, thanks for taking care of the security. I see that you've changed the current ticket to private, therefore, I'm sending the new login credentials here:
- Username: tom
- Password: rFVEkBZMbx3*^he9ANhOm%Si
Thank you Khalid,
Here is the button you should click to make a topic private, its now replaced to "Public".
Regarding to the Youdube link issue. We just found that some plugin or custom code adds link icon after youtube link. I think this plugin affect the wpDiscuz media Uploader embedding functions it stops wpDiscuz link to embed iframe replacement action. So please remove this link generator to allow us do a farther checking. We can't help you until this function exists. And probably the issue should be resolved once this is removed.
Also if you have cache or optimizer plugins, please deactivate those and test again.
Thank you Khalid,
Where we can test it? please leave a demo post URL.
Also could you please test it on our demo site here:
- I just entered YouTube URL at http://wpdiscuz.com/addons/wpdiscuz-media-uploader/ . If you see, the URL entered as part of text appeared as text without media player and it remains like that even after page refresh.
- However, the URL entered by itself displayed as media player.
- I left the test URL in this conversation on August 15 along with login credentials. Here is the URL http://buzznbeat.com/youtube-embed/
- Later I left the new password on August 16, 2017. Repeating it here may not be secure because I do not see the Public/Private button to make it private. Kindly take the login credentials from my post of August 16, 2017, submitted in this conversation.
Ok, I see the issue. I'm sorry but this only works if a Youtube link is inserted as a new line. The logic of youtube link replacement thinks that it you want to only show a link you should put it inline with text, but if you want a player you just need to put it as a new line. here is an example:
Thanks for understanding the issue. However, what you said in your last post is what exactly I reported in my very post on the subject on August 7, 2017.
Comment-1136 was entered just 4 days and 11 hours ago from now. That means around three days after I entered my last reply in this conversation.