wpForo Private Messages addon provides a safe and professional way to communicate directly with other members of the discussion forum. Messages you send and receive via PM are private and can only be viewed by you and the forum member you’re corresponding with. wpForo Private Messages supports both conversations with a single person or with a group within the forum system.
Conversations are like email but stored within the forum system and addressed by User Name (nickname). They do not reveal any personal information beyond your User Name.
wpForo Private Messages Features
- User can send or view messages on My Profile > Messages page.
- List of all contacts and conversations in Messages page.
- Two types of messaging – “Add new conversation” form and clicking on forum member Message icon
- Supports both conversations with a single person or with a group within the forum system.
- Add new and remove members from conversation
- Buttons to Block, Report and Delete contacts
- Hide and Delete buttons for conversations
- Refresh conversation button
- Load all Messages button
- AJAX powered message loading system when user scrolls conversation messages.
- Send Message icon with user information on Members list and on Post list.
- Email Notification when user receives a new Private Message
- When user receive a private message, it will be noted at the top right pop-up of a forum page.
- When user send a private message, the other member(s) will receive a notification but they must open the message to read it.
- Private Message Stat data in wpForo Dashboard
- Option – Min number of forum posts user must have to send a PM
- Option – Maximum number of contacts per day
- Option – Max number of personal messages per user during one day
- Option – Max number of conversation participants
- Option – Allow external URL and link in messages
- Option – Allow Image URLs in messages
- Option – Allow embedded content in messages
- Option – Manage New PM Notification Email subject and content
- Usergroup Permission – Can write PM
- RTL Ready
Installation and Configuration
- This addon installs like any other plugin for WordPress.
Access to wpForo Private Messages is provided immediately once you paid for your order. Upon completing registration/checkout, you may log in at gVectors.com. We will also send you an email after registration/checkout, with a link to the login page. Then download the installation package.
- Downloaded addon zip file from gVectors Shop account page
- Navigate to Dashboard > Plugins > Add new and upload addon ZIP file, then activate it.
- Once the plugin is active, navigate to WordPress Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Addons > Private Messages Tab to begin configuration…
- It’ll ask you to activate with license key you got via email or in your account page, just insert the key and activate it.
- On forum front-end you can manage private messages in My Profile > Messages page.
If for some reason you cannot install this plugin using WordPress plugin upload system please do that with this alternative way. Unzip, and then upload the /wpforo-private-messages/ folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory using an FTP application like FileZilla; or any other FTP program is fine also. Make sure you have not double /wpforo-private-messages/wpforo-private-messages/ directories nested inside each other, please correct this before you continue. Then in WordPress, go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins, and then activate the wpForo Private Messages addon.