wpDiscuz Private Comments addon Features
- Allows to create private comment threads
- Adds new icon button in comment textarea to set comment private
- Adds [private] button to parent comments to set the whole thread private
- Private comment threads only available for website moderators and for comment owner.
- Options to set certain user roles who are able to set comments private.
- Options to set moderators for private comments based on user roles.
- Option to allow Private comments feature for certain comment form and post types
- Sends email notification to moderators when a new private comment is created.
- Options to customize email notification subject and body
- Fully responsive on all devices and RTL ready.
Installation and Configuration
- This addon installs like any other plugin for WordPress.
Access to wpDiscuz Private Comments is provided immediately after you’ve paid for your order. Upon completing registration/checkout, you may log in at gVectors.com. We will also send you an email after registration/checkout, with a link to the login page. Then download the installation package.
- Navigate to Dashboard > Plugins > Add new and upload addon ZIP file, then activate it.
- Once the plugin is active, go to WordPress Dashboard > Comments > wpDiscuz Settings > Addons Tab > Private Comments subTab to begin configuration..
- It’ll ask you to activate with license key you got via email or in your account page, just insert the key and activate it.
If for some reason you cannot install this plugin using WordPress plugin upload system please do that with this alternative way. Unzip, and then upload the /wpdiscuz-private-comment/ folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory using an FTP application like FileZilla; or any other FTP program is fine also. Make sure you have not double /wpdiscuz-private-comment/wpdiscuz-private-comment/ directories nested inside each other, please correct this before you continue. Then in WordPress, go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins, and then activate the wpDiscuz Private Comments addon.
Adapted: Compatibility with wpDiscuz 5.1.0
Added : Font-Awesome lib is updated to version 5