wpDiscuz Online Users addon brings two nice features
1. Online / offline badges:
2. Real-time pop-up notification when a new user is login:
Installation and Configuration
- This addon installs like any other plugin for WordPress.
Access to wpDiscuz Online Users is provided immediately after you’ve paid for your order. Upon completing registration/checkout, you may log in at gVectors.com. We will also send you an email after registration/checkout, with a link to the login page. Then download the installation package.
- Navigate to Dashboard > Plugins > Add New admin page and upload addon ZIP file, then activate it.
- Once the plugin is active, go to Dashboard > wpDiscuz > Settings > Addons > Online Users tab o begin configuration.
- It’ll ask you to activate with license key you got via email or in your account page, just insert the key and activate it.
If for some reason you cannot install this plugin using WordPress plugin upload system please do that with this alternative way. Unzip, and then upload the /wpdiscuz-online-users/ folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory using an FTP application like FileZilla; or any other FTP program is fine also. Make sure you have not double /wpdiscuz-online-users/wpdiscuz-online-users/ directories nested inside each other, please correct this before you continue. Then in WordPress, go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins, and then activate the wpDiscuz Online Users addon.
wpDiscuz Online Users – Frontend
wpDiscuz Online Users – Dashboard
- Fixed bug: Issue with online/offline status tooltip
- Fixed : Multisite issue
- Compatible with WordPress 5.7
- Added: Allowing to disconnect license
- Compatible with WordPress 5.5
- Fixed Bugs: Mobile view and RTL CSS Issues (if you have custom CSS code to fix old previous version issues, you should check again and remove some of them to avoid current fixed CSS conflicts)
- Compatible with wpDiscuz 7 version
- Optimized: Addon update checking system
- Changed : wpDiscuz v5.3.0 compability
- Changed : Show notice only to admins
- Fixed Bug : Status not changed to online after commenting
- Fixed Bug : WordPress Database Error Duplicate entry for key ‘unique_online_user’
- Adapted: Compatibility with wpDiscuz 5.1.0
Added : Font-Awesome lib is updated to version 5
Fixed Bug: Style issues with wpDiscuz 5 version.
Adapted: Compatibility with wpDiscuz 5.0.0
Fixed Bug : call to undefined function (mycrypt_enrypt is deprecated since php7.1)
Pre Sale Support
Where can I download this addon after payment?
You can download your purchased addons in your account page: https://gvectors.com/my-account/
Does the user have a choice if they want to show the online/offline message in their comments? Because I think maybe some users would not like to show that information about them, so they can chose this. Is like the Skype config to set “online; offline”.
Hi Eduardo Chaves,
We’re really sorry, but the addon doesn’t have such a feature.
Hello. Is it possible to display all users who are currently online in a list? E.g. above or below the chat.
We’re sorry but the add-on does not have such a feature.
However, you can get online users from the wp_wc_online_users table and display it in the list.
Please note: wp_ is just a WordPress database tables default prefix. In your case, the prefix can be different.
this is the right place where you can ask all per-sale questions you have, before purchasing this plugin. We’ll be in touch and reply within 1-2 hours for GMT +1 to +12 and within 4-6 hours for GMT -1 to -12. Our customer support representatives are available 7 days a week from 6am to 10pm (GMT 0:00, London) ; excluding all major holidays.
I bought the plugin but some readers don’t want the real time pop up notifications anymore, too bad you can’t disable them individually.
I will have to disable it for all visitors, I hope it will be an improvement in the future.