Polls are created when creating a thread. At the bottom of the Add Topic screen, there is a button [Create Poll] for poll creation. Just click on this button and enter in the number of options you want the poll to have (this can be changed later, but after the first vote you’ll not be able to edit poll data). Poll will be published once you submitted the topic.
wpForo Polls Features
- Allows to create polls with topics
- Adds Recent Polls widget
- Create polls with topic creation form
- Add unlimited number of poll options and allows to limit the max number through backend
- Nice polls with interactive poll results (random colors and dynamic filling of result bars)
- Option to set poll type (multiple or single vote)
- Option to set poll timeout
- Ability to hide poll votes till end of poll
- Ability to show poll result without voting
- Ability to force members to vote if they want to see the result
- Invite guests to login/register when they want to vote or see the result
- Permission to create poll (individually for Usergroups and Forums)
- Permission to vote poll (individually for Usergroups and Forums)
- Permission to view poll result (individually for Usergroups and Forums)
- Well designed, responsive on all screen sizes and devices, RTL ready.
Installation and Configuration
- This addon installs like any other plugin for WordPress.
Access to wpForo Polls is provided immediately once you paid for your order. Upon completing registration/checkout, you may log in at gVectors.com. We will also send you an email after registration/checkout, with a link to the login page. Then download the installation package.
- Downloaded addon zip file from gVectors Shop account page
- Navigate to Dashboard > Plugins > Add new and upload addon ZIP file, then activate it.
- Once the plugin is active, you’ll find Create Poll button on Add/Edit Topic sceeen.
- Navigate to WordPress Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Addons > Polls Tab to configure some base settings.
- It’ll ask you to activate with license key you got via email or in your account page, just insert the key and activate it.
If for some reason you cannot install this plugin using WordPress plugin upload system please do that with this alternative way. Unzip, and then upload the /wpforo-polls/ folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory using an FTP application like FileZilla; or any other FTP program is fine also. Make sure you have not double /wpforo-polls/wpforo-polls/ directories nested inside each other, please correct this before you continue. Then in WordPress, go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins, and then activate the wpForo Polls addon.