When you create a new blog post, it creates identical (title, content) topic in selected forum and keeps synchronizing these entries. New comments under the Post will be automatically posted as replies under the connected (cross-posted) Topic and vice versa (new replies of this Topic will be automatically posted as comments under the connected Post). In case if you already have a Blog Post with some comments, it’ll crossposts the post and all comments once you enabled crossposting for this post.
wpForo – Blog Cross Posting Features
Compatible with wpDiscuz Comment Plugin and with native WordPress comment system.
- Full Blog to Forum and semi Forum to Blog cross-posting system
- Blog Post to Forum Topic crossposting
- Turn off
- Blog Post Comments to Topic Replies crossposting and vice versa
- Supports Custom Post Types
- Allows to select particular target forum for Blog post to Forum Topic crossposting
- Link on Blog Post “view crossposted topic”
- Link on Forum Topic “view crossposted article”
- Link on Blog post comment “view crossposted reply”
- Link on Topic replies “view crossposted comment”
- Options to manage all features and front-end components
- Mobile and RTL ready
Installation and Configuration
- This addon installs like any other plugin for WordPress.
Access to wpForo Blog Cross Posting addon is provided immediately once you paid for your order. Upon completing registration/checkout, you may log in at gVectors.com. We will also send you an email after registration/checkout, with a link to the login page. Then download the installation package.
- Downloaded addon zip file from gVectors Shop account page
- Navigate to Dashboard > Plugins > Add new and upload addon ZIP file, then activate it.
- Once the plugin is active, navigate to WordPress Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Addons > Cross Posting Tab to begin configuration…
- It’ll ask you to activate with license key you got via email or in your account page, just insert the key and activate it.
If for some reason you cannot install this plugin using WordPress plugin upload system please do that with this alternative way. Unzip, and then upload the /wpforo-cross-posting/ folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory using an FTP application like FileZilla; or any other FTP program is fine also. Make sure you have not double /wpforo-cross-posting/wpforo-cross-posting/ directories nested inside each other, please correct this before you continue. Then in WordPress, go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins, and then activate the wpForo – Blog Cross Posting addon.