When you create a new blog post, it creates identical (title, content) topic in selected forum and keeps synchronizing these entries. New comments under the Post will be automatically posted as replies under the connected (cross-posted) Topic and vice versa (new replies of this Topic will be automatically posted as comments under the connected Post). In case if you already have a Blog Post with some comments, it’ll crossposts the post and all comments once you enabled crossposting for this post.
wpForo – Blog Cross Posting Features
Compatible with wpDiscuz Comment Plugin and with native WordPress comment system.
- Full Blog to Forum and semi Forum to Blog cross-posting system
- Automatic cross-posting configuration for auto-generated posts cross-posting
- One click synchronization (cross-posting) of old posts to selected forum
- Blog Post to Forum Topic cross-posting
- Turn off
- Blog Post Comments to Topic Replies cross-posting and vice versa
- Supports Custom Post Types
- Allows to select particular target forum for Blog post to Forum Topic crossposting
- Link on Blog Post “view crossposted topic”
- Link on Forum Topic “view crossposted article”
- Link on Blog post comment “view crossposted reply”
- Link on Topic replies “view crossposted comment”
- Options to manage all features and front-end components
- Mobile and RTL ready
Installation and Configuration
- This addon installs like any other plugin for WordPress.
Access to wpForo Blog Cross Posting addon is provided immediately once you paid for your order. Upon completing registration/checkout, you may log in at gVectors.com. We will also send you an email after registration/checkout, with a link to the login page. Then download the installation package.
- Downloaded addon zip file from gVectors Shop account page
- Navigate to Dashboard > Plugins > Add new and upload addon ZIP file, then activate it.
- Once the plugin is active, navigate to WordPress Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Addons > Cross Posting Tab to begin configuration…
- It’ll ask you to activate with license key you got via email or in your account page, just insert the key and activate it.
If for some reason you cannot install this plugin using WordPress plugin upload system please do that with this alternative way. Unzip, and then upload the /wpforo-cross-posting/ folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory using an FTP application like FileZilla; or any other FTP program is fine also. Make sure you have not double /wpforo-cross-posting/wpforo-cross-posting/ directories nested inside each other, please correct this before you continue. Then in WordPress, go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins, and then activate the wpForo – Blog Cross Posting addon.
Fixed : Issue with auto-created WordPress posts cross-posting
Fixed Bug: Issue with synchronization
Added: Option to enabled Featured Image cross-posting
Added: Option to select featured Image thumbnail size in cross-posted topic
Added: Automatic cross-posting for manually created and auto-generated posts
Added: Auto cross-posting rules from Blog category to Forum
Added: One click synchronization (cross-posting) of old posts to selected forum
Fixed bug: issue with cross-posted images view
Changed: do not cross-post comments with non-standard comment type.
Added: WPBruiser integration
Fixed bug: blog-post post deletion
Removed : do_shortcode function from post content
Fixed bug: Comment and forum post synchronization
Added : ‘This topic is also published as an article here’ text to wpForo phrase system
Fixed bug: PHP Notice: Undefined variable: topicURL in wpForoCrossPosting.php on line 102
Fixed Bug: Scheduled post conflict
Fixed Bug: Cross-posting date issue
Fixed Bug: Conflict with wpForo PeepSo Integration Plugin
Added: Supports Shaduled, Draft and Panding Review status.
Added : Font-Awesome lib is updated to version 5
Added: Three crossposting ways ( Full Content / Excerpt / Custom Content) to cross post.
Added: Option to set crossposting type in addon settings page
Added: New text field in Edit Post screen to set custom crossposting content (in case the type is set “custom”) .
Added: Integration with wpForo Phrase system. Allows to edit front-end phrases in Dashboard > Forums > Phrases admin page.
Fixed Bug: Keep original dates in forum topics for crossposted article comments
Compatible with wpForo 1.4.4
Fixed Bug: Error on posting a reply “Reply request failed”.
Added: wpForo 1.4.3 Compatibility (please don’t update for old versions)
Fixed Bug: Topic exists
Fixed Bug: Topic author data
Fixed Bug: HTML formating issue on Blog post to Forum topic crossposting.