19 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
 P H
Customer
Topic starter
(@pejman-habibi)

Hello and thanks for your good work.

I have purchased the bundle and have activated the addons to see which ones I'll need.

All the addons got installed and activated without a hitch.

However, on activating "User & Comment Mentioning" the site crashes and I get this message: "There has been a critical error on your website."

I deactivate this addon and everything goes back to normal.

wpDiscuz - User & Comment Mentioning
Version 1.4.8

18 Replies
Elvina
(@elvina)
Support

@pejman-habibi,

Please send the admin login details to info[at]gvectors.com email address to allow us to check it.

P H
Customer
Topic starter
(@pejman-habibi)

I have just sent you the access details.

Please note that this is a live site.

Regards!

P H
Customer
Topic starter
(@pejman-habibi)

I am starting to think that there may be a conflict between this plugin and WP-Pro-Quiz. Just a hunch. I may well be wrong.

1 Reply
Elvina
(@elvina)

Support

@pejman-habibi,

The developers checked your website and saw that the wpDiscuz User & Comment Mentioning add-on doesn't have any relation with the issue.
We've activate the wpDiscuz User & Comment Mentioning add-on on your website and don't find such an issue. Please check it to make sure. 
We found the following notice, that may cause the issue. See the screenshot below:

image (1)

Another reason may be that the site work overloaded, at that time when you faced with this issue.

P H
Customer
Topic starter
(@pejman-habibi)

Thank you for following this up.

This is what happens:

I activate wpDiscuz User & Comment Mentioning add-on on my website and immediately get the above-mentioned error. I deactivate it and the error goes away. I have done this tens of times and that is the exact thing that happens each and every time.

I did it one more time just a few minutes ago and and got the same result, so it seems to me that wpDiscuz User & Comment Mentioning add-on DOES have a relation with the issue.

It may help your developers to note, as I explained in my emails, that this issue affects certain posts and not all of the posts.

Here is a post NOT affected when the addon is activated:
https://www.myenglishworld.org/how-to-get-hitched-pronunciation-vocabulary-lesson/

Here is a post affected when the addon is activated: (See the screenshots please.)
https://www.myenglishworld.org/forget-dating/

mew page after activating wpdiscuz mentioning addon
mew page before activating wpdiscuz mentioning addon

Regards,

P H

1 Reply
Elvina
(@elvina)

Support

@pejman-habibi,

It may help your developers to note, as I explained in my emails, that this issue affects certain posts and not all of the posts.

Thank you for clarification.

The issue comes from the Wp-Pro-Quiz plugin. Please follow the steps below to see the problem:

1. Find and open the following file:

wp-pro-quiz/lib/view/WpProQuiz_View_FrontQuiz.php

2. Go to the 623 line, and you'll see the following hook:

apply_filters('comment_text', $this->quiz->getText())

3. There is an issue with the code, the comment_text filter must get at least 2 parameters. The wpDiscuz User & Comment Mentioning add-on also uses that hook. As far as the plugin doesn't pass the other parameters the issue takes place. So you should contact the Wp-Pro-Quiz plugin support, and let them know about the issue.

Below is provided the documentation of the hook, please check it: https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/hooks/comment_text/

Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to top