wpDiscuz User & Comment Mentioning
- Adds button to comment textarea. This button opens user search and user list pop-up window to allow you choose a user you want tom mention in comment. By clicking on a user it adds @username tag in comment text.
- Once comment is posted the mentioned user will be notified via email that he/she has been mentioned in other user comment.
- On the comment list this addon displays @username tag as a link on comment, on mouse hove it opens pop-up window with mentioned user avatar, name and other information. Also it goes to user page once you click on this link.
- Adds button on top right corner of each comment. It displays current comment ID to make it easy copy and put e.g. #17 in comment. This will be tracked as comment mentioning.
- Once #17 posted in a comment, the author of #17 comment will be notified via email that his/her comment has been mentioned in other comment.
- On the comment list #17 becomes a link and on mouse hover it opens pop-up window with comment author information and comment text. Also it jumps to real comment on click.
- This addon has options to manage, enable/disable all functions and components mentioned above.
- You can customize “Comment Mentioning” and “User Mentioning” email content through backend setting page. It also allow to enable/disable email notifications.
Installation and Configuration
- This addon installs like any other plugin for WordPress.
Access to wpDiscuz User & Comment Mentioning is provided immediately after you’ve paid for your order. Upon completing registration/checkout, you may log in at gVectors.com. We will also send you an email after registration/checkout, with a link to the login page. Then download the installation package.
- Navigate to Dashboard > Plugins > Add new and upload addon ZIP file, then activate it.
- Once the plugin is active, go to WordPress Dashboard > Comments > wpDiscuz Settings > Addons Tab > User & Comment Mentioning subTab to begin configuration..
- It’ll ask you to activate with license key you got via email or in your account page, just insert the key and activate it.
If for some reason you cannot install this plugin using WordPress plugin upload system please do that with this alternative way. Unzip, and then upload the /wpdiscuz-user-comment-mentioning/ folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory using an FTP application like FileZilla; or any other FTP program is fine also. Make sure you have not double /wpdiscuz-user-comment-mentioning/wpdiscuz-user-comment-mentioning/ directories nested inside each other, please correct this before you continue. Then in WordPress, go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins, and then activate the wpDiscuz User & Comment Mentioning addon.