4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@allezpaillade)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

Hello,

My name is Mathieu,

I have already a communitary website but isn't a forum. I would like to turn wpforo into a profile management tool (like ultimate member)

The community is active around articles posted. Besides, I am a big user of Wpdiscuz.
I am looking for a profile presentation tool for my members and what you offer with wpforo is very much appreciated. the only thing is that I don't want use forum (must be disabled).

I use to date ultimate member, but it is too complicated to do the gateways with wpdiscuz on the stats counter: articles posted, comments written, likes, dislikes ... Your activity summary includes all this and the management of the profile is much more accomplished than ultimate member. (User Custom Fields plugin will allow me to personalize more all that).

Before lunch on such a project, a developer can tell me if it's possible?

What i need:
- A registration page
- A login page
- Profile page with stats: number of comments on the blog, posts on the blog, number of like / dislike (via wpdiscuz),
- View the latest comments and articles on the profile page in the activity tab.

Thank you for the time you take to answer me

Best regrds

Mathieu

Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi @allezpaillade,

In theory, it's possible. You can hide the elements via CSS code or js, however, we don't recommend to do it. 

First of all, wpForo is designed as forums plugin.

Also, wpForo pages have /community (by default) slugs, so the profile pages structure will have community/profile/ structure. Besides, you'll need to do a lot of customization. 

ReplyQuote
(@allezpaillade)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

Hi Astghik, 

Thank you very much for your answer.

I have been working on it  few hours, the result is perfect!

Your plugin is very flexible. Indeed with some "display: none", little modifications on PHP and customization permalinks (in the parameters of wpforo), it gives a great result!

I'm going to buy a license for User Custom Fields to customize all that!

However, I need your help on two points:

- For the member's profile page, how can I call the wp discuz feature allowing me to display the wpdiscuz Likes and Dislikes counter ? I tried with:

$ CommentStatistic [ 'likes']

But that does not seem to work ...

- For the activity tab I would like to list the comments and articles written by the member (currently wpforo only lists forum posts)

Can you help me on this please?

Thank you

Best regards,

PS: some screens for rendering.

page activité
activite wpforo

ReplyQuote
Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi @allezpaillade,

- For the activity tab I would like to list the comments and articles written by the member (currently wpforo only lists forum posts)

You should use Wordpress Native (core) get_comments( ) function. More info here:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_comments

- For the member's profile page, how can I call the wp discuz feature allowing me to display the wpdiscuz Likes and Dislikes counter ? I tried with:

The likes and dislikes are stored in wp_wc_users_voted database table. 

ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to top