Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Radio Button pre-select value

14 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@engagingemotions)

Elvina.   Sadly neither of the things you suggest are compatible with the User-Experience (UX) values that we wish for our website.  But it seems you haven't considered that possibility.

Both 'Tom' and 'Martin' have each done their best to address the problems that I have had with your product and in doing so have represented gVectors support well and improved my brand experience of gVectors.   By comparison I do feel that your suggestion and response is somewhat half-baked.

I do feel that both your responses on this topic have somewhat undone Tom and Martin's work.

6 Replies
 Tom
Admin
(@tomson)

Famed Member

Hi @engagingemotions,

Please let me know if you still have an issue with displaying custom fields on profile page. Have you added those fields in Profile page?

(@engagingemotions)

@tomson

Here's the text of the reply I sent following an email from one of your Admin colleagues.  

The Custom field HAD already been added to the Profile page. I think the issue is found in your #2 point …"We can't show some data on some user profile page if that user have not selected and saved yet.

Well, that’s the whole point. Doing a preselection should mean that the customer doesn’t NEED to select and therefore shouldn’t expect to have to then save it. Think about it in UX terms. If we have to tell them to do that, half of them won’t read the instruction and the other half won’t see the point, so won’t do it. You should know forum member behaviours as well as I do. 🙂

I can see that you’ve maybe put this together as a ‘quick fix’ … and I thank you for that effort. But it’s not really a solid solution.

I’m sure that if I was using your registration form then it might work. But I have to use wp-members to handle registration as (as far as I can see) you don’t have a moderated registration offering as yet. And wp-members has superior features and extremely helpful support in any case.

This custom field is an important one for us as it involves member privacy and protection, especially in the case of new female members joining our community forum. I think I need to explore some alternative suppliers on this one.
 Tom
Admin
(@tomson)

Famed Member

Ok @engagingemotions,

Let's imagine the situation if we add this feature. Hundreds of customers of this addon will see new information on thousands of user profile page which were not selected by those users in own forums. There maybe lots of complaint about that. Do you see why we don't want to add that feature?

So the quality of support has no any relation to your case. We're just trying to don't affect other addon users and find some good solution for all.

In any case, our customers are very important for us. And we're going to add this feature, but we'll disable it by default. So all forum admins who want this can enable it in the addon settings. We're going to add this option and release the addon new version in a few days. I hope this all you need for your website. Please confirm.

(@engagingemotions)

@tomson

Sorry to have to say this Tom but having spent over 20 years of my life in Forum management of one sort or another I can confidently say ...... you just don’t get it do you. 

This discussion has become pointless.

Tom
Admin
(@tomson)

Famed Member

ok, @engagingemotions

I hope you get it do you.

Tom
Admin
(@tomson)

Famed Member

BTW. I'll update this topic once the addon new version is released. At this time the pointless topic is closed.

Thank you.

Page 2 / 2
Share:
Scroll to top