Clear all

First and Last Name

13 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter
(@william-cramer)

Note the yellow highlighted section is empty yet the top pic shows his first and last name.

Customer
Topic starter
(@william-cramer)

Still looking for help on this...

Customer
Topic starter
(@william-cramer)

Frustration, I purchase your products and I'm not receiving the level of support paid for. Premium support is 12-24 hour response and it's days if at all between responses. 

Tom
Admin
(@tomson)
Famed Member

Hi @william-cramer,

I'm sorry but this addon is not designed to use it with WordPress default "First name" and "Last name" fields, it's already explained in Astghik's post here: https://gvectors.com/forum/wpforo-user-custom-fields/first-and-last-name/#post-18248

She has replied you about one week ago. The First name and Last name fields created in wpForo Users Custom Fields addon has no any relation to WordPress First name and Last name fields. they cannot be pulled through addon custom fields, because they are stored in different place in database.

You should ignore WordPress First and last names and use wpForo User Custom Fields data. You can see those Names in forum Front-end > My Profile Page.

Step 1: Make sure you've created First and Last name fields for Account page or for Registration page:

Registration Form Building 1
User Account Form Building

Step 2: Add those fields in User Profile page, so you can see users First and Last names directly on Forum front-end > User Profile page (not in Dashboard):

Profile Page Building
Customer
Topic starter
(@william-cramer)

Okay, her explanation didn’t make since thus why I continued to ask questions that were left unanswered! 

It’s bazaar to think that you can manipulate the username, the nickname, the display name but not the first and last. 

It critical for me to be able to see my forum members who are my customers in a meaningful manner in either the wp Users or wpForo Forum> members by a first and last name. 

Is there a way to achieve this?

Thank you

William

1 Reply
Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)

Illustrious Member

@william-cramer

Is there a way to achieve this?

I'm really sorry, but no. The add-on isn't designed to work in that way. I've already mentioned about it here: https://gvectors.com/forum/wpforo-user-custom-fields/first-and-last-name/#post-18248

Page 2 / 2
Share:
Scroll to top