Custom field value not saving

7 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
radiostv
Customer
Topic starter
(@radiostv)

Hi I've created a custom field that will appear on a members account.

The field has two radio button choices that only I as admin can set.

Each time I set the radio button on a members account its selects but when I save the change it reverts to to unset. 

I tried creating another field with two drop down options, I can select but again when the choice is made and the change saved, it reverts to being not set.

Running all latest versions of WPforo and custom fields.

6 Replies
radiostv
Customer
Topic starter
(@radiostv)

Update to this:

I find its only moderators accounts where I cannot set the radio option, its working fine for registered users.

Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member

Hi radiostv,

Thank you for letting us know, we'll check and back to you asap. 

radiostv
Customer
Topic starter
(@radiostv)

Just to recap on the fault.

Description of Fault Found

• New field created type "check box"
  • Only person able to edit "admin"
  • Only two choices to select from
  • Display on account form and profile page.
  • Field works for "registered" group in that you can select an option on the account page and save. The result is displayed on the profile page.
  • Field does NOT work for "moderator" group. It does display the field on the account page. Youcan select a choice. However it does not save, the field always clears. The field also does NOT display on the profile page.

To address the problem as a work around I changed the moderator user from the "moderator" group to the "registered" group. Now I could make the field choice and save the setting.  I then changed the user back to their original "moderator" group. The setting remained saved and the now their profile page also showed the field.

In addition but I believe related:

It would appear I've also found another fault in that you cannot change the moderator user from the "moderator" group to "registered" group by using the group drop down menu on the wpForo front-end account page. I have to go to the back-end menu via the members menu on the dashboard to get them to change group

I can however change a member of the "registered" group to another group via the wpForo front end account page by using the group drop down menu.

All in all this suggests there is some underlying problem impacting attempted changes, to the moderator group, be it fields or changing of groups via the wpfor end account management page.

Sorry for the long winded post, just trying to give you the benefit of as much information as possible so as to help identify the problem.

Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member

Hi @radiostv,

Thank you for sharing this information. We'll check it and update this topic as soon as possible. 

Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to top