Translation problem

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter
(@robinbrousse)

Hi,

I just bought you the plugin wpForo Private Messages.

I correctly filled in the .pot file and then I created a files wpforo_pm-fr_FR.po wpforo_pm-fr_FR.mo

Until then it's nominal ... except that the translation does not work 🙁 And I dont understand why ?

Thank you for your quick reply

Have a nice day

Emmanuel

6 Replies
Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member

Hi  @robinbrousse,

Thank you for your purchase.

Please don't create new wpforo_pm-de_DE.po file. You just need to add the phrases in wpforo_fr_FR.po file. As you've already translated the phrases just copy and paste those at the end of wpforo_fr_FR.po file.  

Don't forget to delete phrase cache from Dashboard > Forums >  Dashboard admin page. 

Customer
Topic starter
(@robinbrousse)

Hi,

Thank you for your reply 🙂

Now it works with the translations of sentences in the admin. On the other hand, there are phrases that do not exist in the .PO and in the phrase manager:

Write PM

Refresh

Load all messages

Turn off email notification

Delete all messages

Succefuly hidden

Something else. Deleting messages is a problem. To fix that, I had to disable WP-Rocket (cache plugin). It's ok, but the plugin it's not at all ergonomic

And i have another problem with WpForo. It's the same there are sentences that are translated in the .PO and the admin but the translation does not work. For example :

---> Currently viewing this topic 1 utilisateur

I have already bought two extensions. Before buying more I would like everything to work normally.

Have a nice day

Emmanuel

Customer
Topic starter
(@robinbrousse)

I forgot 🙂 With WpForo Private message, users receive a notification by email. But not the administrator.

Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member

Hi @robinbrousse,

On the other hand, there are phrases that do not exist in the .PO and in the phrase manager:

If some phrase is missing. Just navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Phrases admin page, click on [Add new] button. Insert phrase key with identical English phrase and the value whatever you want. Save it, delete all caches and check.

Currently viewing this topic 1 utilisateur

This is a known issue, please read this support topic, it gives a temporary solution:

https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/line-translation/#post-20162

With WpForo Private message, users receive a notification by email. But not the administrator.

I'm sorry, but I don't follow you, could you please clarify a bit? If you mean admin should get a message when the user sends a private message to the other users. I'm sorry, but wpForo PM doesn't have an option for this.   

Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to top