Notifications
Clear all

Shortcode for message notification icon?

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@power505)
Eminent Member

Is it possible to place an icon that we have on right side of the menu (see image attached) somewhere else with a shortcode or on some other way?

Ultimately I would like to have a message icon on the global site header. I managed to do it with Buddypress plugin but would be happy to replace it with this addon for Wpforo.

4 Replies
Topic starter
(@power505)
Eminent Member

Also, is it possible to display this notification on the global site, on parts outside of WPforo?

Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member

Hi @power505,

Is it possible to place an icon that we have on right side of the menu (see image attached) 

I'm really sorry, but there is no option for this.

However, the developers provide a solution for you. Please follow the steps below:

1. Put the following Code in your active them's functons.php file:

add_action('YOUR_CUSTOM_HOOK_NAME', function(){WPF_PM()->tpl->show_pm_note();});

2. The code below should be added in the theme's files, where you'll need to display the icon

do_action('YOUR_CUSTOM_HOOK_NAME');

In case if the style is missing just put the following code instead of the one mentioned in point 1. 

add_action('YOUR_CUSTOM_HOOK_NAME', function(){WPF_PM()->tpl->show_pm_note(true);});
2 Replies
(@power505)

Eminent Member

@astghik

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Hovewer, you didn't provide me a hook name. This doesnt do anything.

EDIT: Oh, how stupi I am. Didn't see the rest of the code on mobile. Thanks!

What about my other question?

Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)

Illustrious Member

@power505

What about my other question?

Oh sorry, I've forgotten to mention about it. 

I've asked the developers and they said that probably we'd add it in future updates. However, the feature may slow down the website, thus this requires a long time to find optimal ways for the changes. 

Share:
Scroll to top