Clear all

German translation does not work

6 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@obmann)

Hi!

Using the wpForo Private Messages Addon, I tried to translate the wpforo_pm.pot file to german using the Poedit editor.

After the translation I saved the file as wpforo_pm-de_DE.po and uploaded it with the file wpforo_pm-de_DE.mo the the directory wpforo-private-messages/languages. => 

wpforomessages

But the translation does not work.

The language in WordPress backend is also set to German.

What can I do?

Thanks and best regards,
Christian

5 Replies
Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member

Hi obmann,

Please don't create new wpforo_pm-de_DE.po file. You just need to add the phrases in wpforo_de_DE.po file. Copy the translated phrases and paste those at the end of wpforo_de_DE.po file.  

1 Reply
(@obmann)

Thanks!

But how can I copy phrases from one po-file to the another using Poedit editor?

This seems not to work?

Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member

There is no need to copy those using PoEdit, copy phrases from wpforo_de_DE.po to wpforo_de_DE.po file.

Don't forget to delete phrase cache from Dashboard > Forums >  Dashboard admin page.

Topic starter
(@obmann)

It now works, great!

Thanks a lot!

One further question: Is it possible to deactivate the search function, when adding new users to conversations?

Because of the topic, my forum has to be 100 % anonymous and users should not see a complete list of all other users.

In private message mode, when adding new users to a conversion and searching for them in the search field, users are automatically suggested by the system because of the first letters.

Here you can see what I mean: 

autofill

Can I deactivate this function, maybe directly through the program code?

A user should only can add further users by adding the exakt user name, without any suggestions oder member lists.

Is that possible?

Thanks and best regards,
Christian

Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member

Hi obmann,

I'm sorry, but it is not possible. We'll add this feature in our to-do list for future releases. 

Share:
Scroll to top