Clear all

Default polls positioned above post

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter
(@weedloving)

Currently, polls are placed above a post by default. Is there a way to have the poll show after the post?

My concerns is that the poll may be taking priority for SEO reasons over the actual post content. We implemented polls across a bunch of important forum posts and saw our organic traffic fall immediately after. We would to be able to test and see if the position of the poll impacts anything on the SEO side.

3 Replies
Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member

Hi @weedloving,

Please note wpForo has its built-in SEO features and if there are no any other SEO plugins (that is for wpForo pages have responsibility only wpForo SEO functions  ) the polls will not have any effects on forum SEO.

wpForo SEO based on main SEO components:

• SEO Friendly URLs
  • Meta Title for forums and topics (and other pages)
  • Auto-generated Meta Description for forums and topics (and other pages)
  • Open Graph and Social Engine SEO tags.
  • Well formatted and SEO friendly content structure.

You can check it for your website. It's being indexed very well, you can see new topics and posts in Google result (use time tool in the search result).

wpForo page sourceHTML
wpForo page

Important: If there is any other SEO plugin just exclude wpForo pages from the plugin's settings for providing optimal indexing of forum pages in search engines. 

Customer
Topic starter
(@weedloving)

I have no other SEO plugins being used.

In saying that, if Google looks at the page and is looking at what's above the fold, the polls may interfere with the page rendered and indexed. 

I have no doubt in your ability to have content indexed well. it's just the order of the content that's read and indexed.

I would like to be able to A/B this and see if there are any differences in our SERPS based on the position of polls on the page, you haven't answered my question yet to how to change the default position of polls to show below the post.

Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member

Hi @weedloving,

I have no other SEO plugins being used.

In this case, you don't need to worry. There will not be any conflicts with wpForo SEO functions. 

I would like to be able to A/B this and see if there are any differences in our SERPS based on the position of polls on the page, you haven't answered my question yet to how to change the default position of polls to show below the post.

This is required a lot of changes in plugin core. I'm really sorry, but there is no way to move polls below the posts. 

Share:
Scroll to top