Clear all

wpForo Embeds Install Question

5 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Customer
Topic starter
(@the-wanderer)

Howdy. I just purchased the embed add on and everything went smooth, so that was a good experience which I thank you for. I am not highly skilled with all things web design, and I realized I have not got a clue how to install the package to my forum. If someone could please post a link that explains or just let me know details in a post; I will be eternally grateful. Thank you in advance. - The Wanderer

4 Replies
1 Reply
Customer
(@the-wanderer)

I did download the zip file, and extracted all to a folder. Thats as far as I got. 🙂

Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member

Hi The Wanderer,

wpForo addons are simple WordPress plugins.

• This addon installs like any other plugin for WordPress. Download the installation package.
  • Navigate to Dashboard > Plugins > Add new and upload addon ZIP file, then activate it.
  • Once the plugin is active, navigate to WordPress Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Addons Tab > Embeds  subTab to begin configuration.

More info here:

https://gvectors.com/product/wpforo-embeds/#tab-description

1 Reply
Customer
(@the-wanderer)

Thank you very much for your help above! It works great! I did have to upload individual files into folders so it took a little time but its all good now. Just curious, is it possible to upload entire folders via ftp? That would have been quicker? I used a CPanel set up to do mine.

Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member

Dear The Wanderer,

Yes, you can upload plugins via FTP. Unzip, and then upload the /wpforo-embeds/ folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory using an FTP application like FileZilla; or any other FTP program is fine also. Make sure you have not double /wpforo-embeds/wpforo-embeds/ directories nested inside each other, please correct this before you continue. Then in WordPress, go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins, and then activate the wpForo Embeds addon

Share:
Scroll to top