Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Embed Add-On doesn't show video in mobile

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@nithya-karthigan)

I just bought and installed the Embed AddOn. On desktop it seems to be working, but on mobile nothing showing. I just see a blank screen. Any ideas?

plz check this link...

https://www.sahaptham.com/community/cenima/kadhal-rojave/

8 Replies
Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member

Hi @nithya-karthigan,

Thank you for your purchase. 

We've just checked and everything is working fine. See the screenshot. 

Could you please tell me a little more about the issue? And when exactly are you running into this issue? 

Topic starter
(@nithya-karthigan)

Yesterday I bought and installed this plugin. after installation immediately I tried to embed a video from YouTube. It was working perfect in laptop. but not in mobile. My website visitors also reported the same issue which means the issue is not only in my mobile.

please check the attached img

Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member

Hi @nithya-karthigan,

We've also checked on different devices and don't see such an issue. Could you please specify in which devices you've checked.

Please see the following screenshots:

Screenshot Chrome 20190611 163558
Screenshot 2019 06 11 16 37 56 553 com.android.browser
Topic starter
(@nithya-karthigan)

Hi Astghik,

My device is iPhone 7. I checked with my friends and came to know the embedded video is working fine in Samsung, Vivo and also in Nokia 3.1. The problem is only in iPhone devices it seems. Please check and help me to fix this issue.

3 Replies
(@nithya-karthigan)

Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)

Illustrious Member

Hi @nithya-karthigan,

This is a specific issue that comes from the Chrome browser. When you copy the URL from Chrome address bar it adds extra <a>tags in URL. If you copy and paste the same link from Firefox browser it'll be displayed in the iPhone devices as well. Please check it to make sure. 

The workaround is using the "paste as text" button before inserting the youtube link from Chrome browser.

Currently, the add-on developers are working hard to find the solution in this case. 

(@nithya-karthigan)

oh!Thank you so much for the details. I'll check now...

Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to top