Clear all

[Closed] Can't activate plug-in - timed out after 10001 milliseconds

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter
(@bandana)

I just purchased Embeds and installed it I followed the instructions to activate it by entering my license key, but I get this message. "Something went wrong: cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 10001 milliseconds."

Same Problem like the guy yesterday ! Cant activate 

4 Replies
 Tom
Admin
(@tomson)
Famed Member

Hi @cyzzio

Please make sure your website use https:// secure protocol and the SSL certificate is valid.

Also please let your hosting service support to ensure that your site meet actual requirements for secure connections. Your server must be able to perform connections using SHA-2 and TLS 1.2, as this is required for third-party services as PayPal, Stripe, Authorize.net and many others that are using the HTTPS protocol to ensure privacy in connections to their services. So make a favor to yourself and ensure that your site is hosted on a server with at least cURL version 7.34.0 or higher, OpenSSL/1.0.1 or higher (another library) and also a recent version of PHP, currently 7.1 is the recommended choice.

If you already checked that you’re running the recent versions mentioned above. Other common causes at server side for this error are:
  • Plugin conflict, we recommend deactivate other plugins and try to activate it again.
  • Issues with the DNS resolving (your server is not able to resolve the IP for the third-party domain or at least not in time).
  • Firewalls or security modules (e.g. mod_security ) blocking the outgoing request.
  • Your host is not able to “talk” with the third-party server due to unavailable required protocols. This can occur if the server has a recent cURL/OpenSSL but it’s not correctly configured to use TLS 1.2 as SSL procotol.
  • Network issues (something at network level prevents your server to reach the gvectors.com server). Please contact to hosting services support and make sure they don't block connections to gvectors.com server.
 Tom
Admin
(@tomson)
Famed Member

Also, please check these:

• Disable all security and cache plugins. I'd recommend disable all plugins if possible.
    Contact to hosting service and make sure they have not blocked gvectors.com domain.
  • Deactivate, delete and install the addon again.
  • Make sure you don't have WordPress Loopback problem. You can check it in Dashboard > Tools > Site Health admin page. I attached the screenshot how it looks like. If you see this issue, it means one of your plugin has PHP errors and stops the WordPress core functions. You should disable all plugins, check it again, and enable one by one each plugin. After each activation of plugins you should refresh and check the errors again.

loopback issue
(@kirkoesursley)

I had the same issue on tennis reviews website, and after searching a lot through web I found a working solution. I increased php memory limit and everything started working fine. Try that, it will fix your problem.

(@rawat)
Eminent Member

OK TANKS FOR UPDATE

Share:
Scroll to top