Clear all

Gutenberg crossover issues

9 Posts
2 Users
3 Likes
Customer
Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)

Hi, I have some issues with the cross blog posting. 

On the front end, I use some re usable blocks, and come cover picture wit text over. Also, some yeost widgets.

None of these work properly with the cross blog posting, some display wrong, and some do not display at all, is this something you're working on?

Here an example: 

Main article: https://percysgrowroom.com/growing-cannabis-without-getting-caught/

Forum article: https://percysgrowroom.com/forum/novice-growers-section/growing-cannabis-without-getting-caught/#post-3053

8 Replies
Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member

Hi @percysgrowroom,

For some reson, we cannot access your website. Please let us know as soon as it'll be available.

We got the following message: "This site can’t provide a secure connection".

This site can’t provide
5 Replies
Customer
(@percysgrowroom)

Sorry mate, changing servers and doing all that kind of stuff, the site went down for a couple of ours, bad timing lol

It is live now, and still having the issues. 

I have also, edited the forum blog post, aster i have crossed it over, to add tags. Once i save, the whole post looeses its pictures, and im just left with text. 

So then i would resave the main article, and it would restore to how it was, with the pics ( displayed incorrectly) but then the tags i just set on the forum side have gone. 

I hope you understand what I mean, I think the links will make it more clear whats going on

Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)

Illustrious Member

Ok @percysgrowroom, I'll see the issue.

I'll update the topic asap. 

Customer
(@percysgrowroom)

thanks man, thought it might be something you're not aware of. Hope you can get it sorted 🙂

Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)

Illustrious Member

@percysgrowroom,

It seems the problem comes from Gutenberg. 

Please install the Classic editor plugin, and try to create the something like the post you've created. There shouldn't be such an issue.  

Customer
(@percysgrowroom)

I dont think you can use those features on the classic editor? Ill check and see 

Customer
Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)

Its really bad lol

The posts come out like they look on the forum, pics laid out wrong and things like that.... Looks like im going to have to edit each post as it is on the forum. Classic editor does not offer the same widgets as gutenberg. 

Gutenberg is going to be the wordpress site editor of choice in the future..... are you going to make changes to the cross blog posting add on, or is everyone suppose to use classic editor with it for the foreseeable future? 

1 Reply
Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)

Illustrious Member

@percysgrowroom,

Thank you for checking. 

Gutenberg is saving the content in another way. Currently, we don't know how to change the content on wpForo. Sure we'll check and if it'll be possible to fix by our side, we'll update it for sure.

Share:
Scroll to top