Clear all

Existing articles and comments

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter
(@studio500)

Can cross post be applied to existing post and its associated comments?

If so, are the original comment dates retained or does cross post alter the comment dates to match the date the article was cross-posted?

6 Replies
 Tom
Admin
(@tomson)
Famed Member

It doesn't matter the post is just created or it's old. All can be cross-posted. All comments will also be cross-posted with original dates.

1 Reply
Customer
(@studio500)

I'm glad you said that.

However there seems to be a glitch in how crosspost copies and applies the data from the wp data tables.

I have even had some users cross post replies showing in the forum as Anonymous Joined 48 years ago, yet a reply further down the same thread will show the correct username and joining date.

When I check the original wp post on which the cross post has been activated, the users details all show as they should.

I have checked the wp_wpforo_posts database tables and it randomly applies incorrect user id's to the created table.

denton 68
Customer
Topic starter
(@studio500)

Also when I apply cross post to existing articles all the posts that cross over are re-dated to the same time and date on which the cross posting was activated.

They do not retain their original comment dates or time.

So if I have 30 cross post comments, they all show as being made on the exact time and date that the cross posting was activated which can be very confusing for users.

Will this ever change so that they retain their original dates and posting times?

Tom
Admin
(@tomson)
Famed Member

Ok, we'll check the User names and dates of cross-posted replies. We'll update the addon soon. Please don't do new cross-posts of old posts because the cross-posted data will not be changed even after addon update. All fixes will work for new cross-posted content.

Customer
Topic starter
(@studio500)

Ok Thanks Tom.

Just for your info, I have attached two images for you as reference.

One shows my blog post and one shows how crosspost is outputting the exact same page.

FORUM OUTPUT
SITE TEXT

I hope they help

Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to top