Clear all

[Solved] Cross post date errors

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Customer
Topic starter
(@studio500)

Hi, the recent cross post date fix seems to be working fine for NEW cross posts.

However, anything that was cross posted before the fix is still retaining the incorrect time/date stamps as before.

Clearing all caches makes no difference, neither does changing the forum destination.

Any ideas?

3 Replies
 Tom
Admin
(@tomson)
Famed Member

Hi Marc Buck,

Old data are already posted, addon update doesn't update data in database. Only new cross-posted content will be done correctly. I've already mentioned it here: https://gvectors.com/forum/wpforo-blog-cross-posting/cross-postings-showing-incorrect-author-details/#post-5382

Customer
Topic starter
(@studio500)

Hi, the latest update does cross post old posts correctly since the last fix retaining all the correct post times and authors, however if the post has a large number of comments attached, it does cause a 500 server error.

The problem now is that any old post that has already been cross posted before the fix, still retains the wrong time and dates etc.

So I guess your saying this is because it's already in the wpforo database? If so, as suggested in the link provided, updating the post makes no difference at all.

Can I delete the original cross posted post data for the each affected post, from within the _wpforo_topics and _wpforo_posts tables and then try to action a cross post again?

Would this work?

Customer
Topic starter
(@studio500)

Hi, Ignore the last, I have found a workaround that seems to solve the problem.

Thanks

Share:
Scroll to top