Pagination?

12 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
radiostv
Customer
Topic starter
(@radiostv)

Is there any chance we can have a modification the attachments interface so it paginates.

My site and membership individually produce a lot of images per person. When a member loads the attach interface it takes quite a while to load all of their images into the interface and then you end up having to scroll down what seems like an endless, massive list.

It would be far better to chunk this int0 say 50 images per page.

Hope this will be considered and I would think I'm not the only one who might find it of use.

Best Regards

11 Replies
Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member

Hi radiostv,

Thank you for this suggestion. This is already in our to-do list.

radiostv
Customer
Topic starter
(@radiostv)

Hi three months have passed, I hope you don't mind me asking but is there any update to this request, please?

Adding images is becoming quite a problem for some individuals on my forum and the problem is only going to get worse as time passes and more get added.

For example I have 700+  uploaded and when I try to add another it takes quite a significant amount of time for the interface to load all of them before I can use the interface. As mentioned in post #1, If the interface paginated, this would negate the problem and what's more its logical to do so. 

On my previous PHPbb3 forum before moving to WpForo, it was not unheard of for engineers to have individually uploaded 5,000+ images. That s/w paginated the members image library, can you imagine waiting for those to load without pagination?

Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member

Hi radiostv,

I'm sorry but this is not an easy task. We're working around and we'll add it as soon as possible.  

radiostv
Customer
Topic starter
(@radiostv)

Hi Guys, sorry to pester you but this problem is now stopping me from adding attachments to new posts.

Personally I've got over 500 attachments uploaded and the interface just takes an absolute age to load if at all, it now sits blank. If I wait over five mins it starts to show previous uploaded photos but is sluggish. This is because its trying to load the whole lot rather than paginate. So I cannot add another attachment as it takes too long.

This is going to stop my whole forum in its tracks as the community is very photo orientated, between the 250 members they are 21,000 attachments. They will all be suffering this problem.

Please help.

att1
Page 1 / 3
Share:
Scroll to top