Can't share an attached file when using Facebook/Twitter

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter
(@naomibuch)

Hello 

I purchased the Addon Attachment and for some reason during testing when I try to share an image file from the Addon's Attachment it shows up empty, and my social media setup is to default to my website's icon if no image is there as seen in the attached file.

I did further testing and pasted another image without uploading an attached file and it worked perfectly see attached picture of wings.

I did further testing and discovered that if my post has -- attachment is not available -- code in it the share buttons won't insert the image file, it only works if when copying an image from another website.

My website is https://www.thetalkbuzz.com/

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Naomi

Copied and pasted from the internet only works

FB image2

Image from the Attachment plugin defaults to my website icon, because it's empty

FB image

3 Replies
Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member

Hi @naomibuch,

Thank you for your purchase and for contacting us. 

It'd be easy for us to check the issue if you provide us the current post which includes the image in post content. 

Copied and pasted from the internet only works

Could you please clarify this a bit? 

2 Replies
Customer
(@naomibuch)

@astghik

This is what happens when I share an uploaded image file, the share button from wpforo, Facebook or Twitter doesn't insert the image, it should have inserted the uploaded picture of a Brownie

FB image

Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)

Illustrious Member

ok @naomibuch,

What about this? 

It'd be easy for us to check the issue if you provide us the current post which includes the image in post content. 

Is it a private post? 

Share:
Scroll to top