Attachment in post lost after admin edit

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
radiostv
Customer
Topic starter
(@radiostv)

Everything was working fine until recently. Now as admin if I edit a members post that had attachments, the attachments no longer appears in the members post. The image is replaced with the following message in the post.

-- attachment is not available --

The members attachments still exist on the server, so for some reason when I edit a post something is resetting the association of where it looks for the posts attachments.

To rectify this I have to find the photo, download it locally, edit the members post again, upload the files and attach.

This never used to happen, I could happily edit members posts that had attachments without fear of losing attachment associations.

4 Replies
Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member

Hi @radiostv,

Thank you for letting us know. This issue is already fixed. Please update wpForo Advanced Attachments addon to the latest version (v. 1.2.6) and check again. 
radiostv
Customer
Topic starter
(@radiostv)

Hi 

I have only ever updated plugins when they are released an they update auto. I downloaded the 1.2.6 but when I try to install its states a folder already exists. How do I update or will this be released as normal so my site picks it up as an update?

Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member

Please navigate to Dashboard > Updates admin page, click on "Check Again" button.

check again
radiostv
Customer
Topic starter
(@radiostv)

Thanks, its all fixed and the bug is gone. As ever superb support from you guys 

Share:
Scroll to top