Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] [Feature-Request]: Group recent comments by post?

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@spontis)
Eminent Member

Hello again,

Is it possible to group the recent comments by Post? (e.g.: Show the most recent 5 Comments from 4 different Posts) If i choose to show 10 recent Comments, the Plugin only show the last Comments from one Post. But I have a community that frequently debates in different post at the same time.

I'm using this feature with a much older Comment-Plugin, that not works with your Mentioning Feature. It would be fantastic, if you can add a funtion like this to your Widget-Plugin.

Best Regards,

Robert

4 Replies
Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member

Hi @spontis,

Currently, wpDiscuz Widgets add-on works in the following way:

If you've set the value of the "Number of comments" option 5 and you've commented:

1.  2 times under post 1

2. 2 times under post 2

3. 1 time under post 3

In this case, all those comments are being displayed in the widget area. See the screenshot below:

recent comment

Besides the add-on also allow you to display the Most Commented Posts in the corresponding tab.

3 Replies
(@spontis)

Eminent Member

@astghik

No, thats not what i mean. I would be nice, if it worked this way:

Blog got 15 Comments in one Day to Post 1, 5 Comment to Post 2 and 2 Comments to Post 3. The most recent Comments are from Post 1.

The Widget is set to display the recent 10 Comments and shows only Comments from Post 1.

My Feature Request:

Set the Widget to show in total 10 Comments. A new setting limited the number of Comments from each Post to 4. So the Widget shows now:

4 Comments from Post 1
4 Comments from Post 2
2 Comments from Post 3

-----

For a very busy Blog as mine, the feature will be very useful. So visitors can see the last Comments from a lot of different Posts, not only from one Post, in which the users are very busy for e.g. the last hour. 

Make it more sense now?

Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)

Illustrious Member

Thank you for clarifying @spontis,

We've discussed with our team and decided, that we won't be able to implement the feature in near future updates.

This requires large changes in the plugin core, besides it'll make the addon work much time slower.

(@spontis)

Eminent Member

@astghik

I recommend a look at this old plugin. I have been able to use it until a while ago without problems and have not noticed a slowdown. Unfortunately, it is now out-of-date, has some issues to php 7.x  and does not fit too wpdiscuz. Maybe there is some knowledge inside:

https://de.wordpress.org/plugins/bwp-recent-comments/

Anyway: Thanks a lot for your Support!

Share:
Scroll to top