Notifications
Clear all

[Request] Use Mentioning Nickname also in Comment-Form?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@spontis)
Eminent Member

Hello,

is it possible, that the Plugin can show the Nickname of the mentioned Person when i write the Comment? At the moment any @ will be shown as "guest_xxxxxx" oder Number "XX" of the registered User. Thats a unlucky solution. It would be better, if the plugin immediatley uses the Nickname instead of showing this crytic abbreviation.

Best Regards,

Robert

P.S.: I'm using a Plugin, that shows the recent Comments in my Sidebar (i am not using the wpDiscuz Widget). Is there a way to show there the Nickname as well?

1 Reply
Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @spontis

is it possible, that the Plugin can show the Nickname of the mentioned Person when i write the Comment? At the moment any @ will be shown as "guest_xxxxxx" oder Number "XX" of the registered User. Thats a unlucky solution. It would be better, if the plugin immediatley uses the Nickname instead of showing this crytic abbreviation.

In this case, the _xxxxxx is a comment id. This is designed to do for the following reason. Probably the name is not required and somehow it's missed (it's an anonymous comment), it's not possible to detect the guest nickname in this case. 

P.S.: I'm using a Plugin, that shows the recent Comments in my Sidebar (i am not using the wpDiscuz Widget). Is there a way to show there the Nickname as well?

You should contact the plugin support and ask them this question. I'm really sorry but have no clue how they display the comments. 

Share:
Scroll to top