Clear all

does it available for visitors?

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter
(@peishangfeng)

I bought two plugins, one is image uploader and another one is private comment. 

But after install I noticed that private comment not available for visitors while image uploader is working properly. I couldn't see the private mark if I visit as a visitor. 

My question is DOES IT SUPPORT for visitors(user not logged in)? or DID I MISS SOME SETTING ? 

6 Replies
Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member

Hi @peishangfeng,

Thank you for your purchase. 

DOES IT SUPPORT for visitors(user not logged in)

Please wait a bit. I'll need to ask the add-on developers this question. 

Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member

Hi @peishangfeng,

Sorry for the late response. 

This is designed to work in this way. I'm really sorry, but the private comment button is available only for registered users. 

It's too hard to handle this for guests. For example, if the guest makes a private comment on one device, it's not possible to detect and show the private comment to the current guest if s/he uses another device.

1 Reply
Customer
(@florian-kick)

@astghik

I don't see the problem with the devices: Guests are also able to edit their comments only on the device they created it and that seems to be ok. 

Customer
(@florian-kick)

Actually, I wanted to use the plugin for the same purpose: let my users comment a post so that only admins, authors... can see the comment but not other users.

How can it be, that after at least two years and having 4 of 17 Threads open about this topic, the description of the plugin does still not reflect that circumstance?

The plugin is useless for me that way. 20$ wasted, thanks for nothing.

2 Replies
Elvina
(@elvina)

Support

@florian-kick,

If you want, we can refund the wpDiscuz Private Comments add-in, just contact us via support[at]gvectors.com email address and ask for a refund.

Customer
(@florian-kick)

@elvina

actually I found out that normal registered users can create private comments, which is also not obvious from the docs as they are not selectable in the roles settings.

That's not quite what I wanted to have (didn't want to require my users to register at all) but it is at least a solution for now.

So thanks, I won't ask for the refund. But please update your docs to clarify what this plugin is capable of and how.

Share:
Scroll to top