Clear all

not letting me add API key

16 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter
(@aorchard)

hi there, to try and solve the problem with translation on my site I removed the plugin and reinstalled it, but now it will not let me enter an API key for either yandex or Google. It puts a red cross against it. Translate is no longer showing up. Please can you help. thanks.

Site example here: https://puro.coop/consumers/biologiko-xorio/

15 Replies
Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member

Hi @aorchard,

We couldn't find such an issue on our test websites. We'll need admin access to check it. Please send the admin login details to info[at]gvecrors.com email address. 

Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member

Hi @aorchard,

For some reason, your server blocks requests with curl URL. It seems some security plugins blocks it.  We recommend deactivate the plugins one by one and check after each deactivation. Also please check your server settings as well and make sure there are not any restrictions. 

5 Replies
Customer
(@aorchard)

Hey there, thanks. But I disabled all plugins and the host company set Curl for php 7.2 and still the same problem... urgently need this fixed now as tomorrow it goes live at an event.. thank you

Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)

Illustrious Member

Hi @aorchard,

We've checked and faced with the following issues. 

Issue realated to overloding of server:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>503 Service Unavailable</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Service Unavailable</h1>
<p>The server is temporarily unable to service your
request due to maintenance downtime or capacity
problems. Please try again later.</p>
</body></html>  blocks requests with curl URL issue. 

cURL error 7: Failed connect to translate.yandex.net:443; Operation now in progress

Please note you cannot use both Google and Yandex translation tool, you should choose the only one of them. Please let us know which one do you choose.

Customer
(@aorchard)

Thanks for looking into this. I prefer Yandex, but it will not remove the Google one...

What do I need to ask of the host company?

Thanks

Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)

Illustrious Member

@aorchard,

Please copy the Google key and save it to a file on your computer so as not to lose it.

Then open your website database manager (phpMyAdmin). 

In the wp_options table find the translate_settings option name and replace the value with this one: 

a:6:{s:3:"api";s:6:"yandex";s:5:"valid";s:1:"1";s:3:"key";s:84:"trnsl.1.1.20190313T115437Z.c16e1e1f375d55ca.a442564f55f229e607209a25f207f7b734a471ab";s:18:"trns_form_bg_color";s:7:"#FFFFFF";s:22:"trns_form_border_color";s:7:"#333333";s:27:"trns_text_bottom_line_color";s:7:"#CCCCCC";}

Please note the wp_ is just a prefix in your case it can differ. 

Translation issue
Customer
(@aorchard)

Ok I have done this. The translate now appears again, but when I click it, it is lagging and does nothing. Are you saying this is owing to the server?

Tom
Admin
(@tomson)
Famed Member

I recommend you to ensure that your site meet actual requirements for secure connections. Your server must be able to perform connections using SHA-2 and TLS 1.2, as this is required for third-party services as PayPal, Stripe, Authorize.net and many others that are using the HTTPS protocol to ensure privacy in connections to their services. So make a favor to yourself and ensure that your site is hosted on a server with at least cURL version 7.34.0 or higher, OpenSSL/1.0.1 or higher (another library) and also a recent version of PHP, currently 7.0 is the recommended choice.

If you already checked that you’re running the recent versions mentioned above. Other common causes at server side for this error are:

• Plugin conflict, we recommend deactivate all plugins (excerpt the addon and wpDiscuz) and try to activate it again.
  • Issues with the DNS resolving (your server is not able to resolve the IP for the third-party domain or at least not in time).
  • Firewalls or security modules (e.g. mod_security ) blocking the outgoing request.
  • Your host is not able to “talk” with the third-party server due to unavailable required protocols. This can occur if the server has a recent cURL/OpenSSL but it’s not correctly configured to use TLS 1.2 as SSL procotol.
  • Network issues (something at network level prevents your server to reach the yandex.ru server). Please contact to hosting services support and make sure they don't block connections to Yandex server.
Customer
Topic starter
(@aorchard)

Thank you. There used to be "phrases" but now it has disappeared... so I don't seem able to translate messages sent to subscribers. 

6 Replies
Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)

Illustrious Member

@aorchard,

You've enabled the "Use Plugin .PO/.MO files" option. In this case, you should translate phrases using Loco Translate plugin. 

Customer
(@aorchard)

d**n.. ok and to translate the automated email sent to a person when they add a comment? it was so easy through

Also how to remove the code on this page?

https://puro.coop/consumers/biologiko-xorio/

It says "you can not delete default field" when I try to remove from wpdiscuz / forms

Customer
(@aorchard)

I fixed most of these things now. so no need to reply. thanks for your help.

But the translate link on comments still not working... just hangs.

Tom
Admin
(@tomson)

Famed Member

You have many JS errors on website and those affect Translate button.

Main Errors come from lazy-load-for-comments plugin, please disable this plugin and delete all caches.

2019 03 14 2238
Customer
(@aorchard)

thanks for your reply. I did just this, but still the same problem...

Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)

Illustrious Member

Ok, we see now it works and sends a request to Yandex, but it returns an error so please continue to check the points mentioned in Tom's posts, the problem in your server cURL configuration. 

In case you couldn't fix this issue we have to refund this addon the Translation addon. Just let us know. 

Share:
Scroll to top