[Solved] Font Awesome not working when addon is activated

6 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Customer
Topic starter
(@geebee100)

Hi

When I activate the either "Comment Search" and/or the "Widgets" addon, then Font Awesome icons on my website is suddenly displayed as little squares. The moment I deactivate these addons, the icons are displayed normally.

For clarity, this happens for these addons independently of each other. 

Any advice? I saw this post on the main forum, but the solution is too technical for me. However, if the problem relates to my site only (and not to the addons) then I will get someone to fix it. I just wanna make sure that this is not a bug in the addons.

I'm using a CSSIgniter theme called Pinfinity, using Elementor PRO as page builder - if it is of any relevance.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Gerhard

5 Replies
Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member

Hi @geebee100,

Please let us know the versions of the wpDiscuz plugin and wpDiscuz add-ons.

Also please leave some screenshots of this issue. 

Customer
Topic starter
(@geebee100)

Hi,

wpDiscuz 5.31

wpDiscuz Comment Search 1.3.0 

wpDiscuz Widgets 1.3.1

Attached are screenshot without these two addons activated, plus addons with them activated.

WithoutAddons
WithAddons
Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member

Hi @geebee100,

The problem comes from your current active theme, it loads old Font Awesome version, however wpDiscuz and all wpDiscuz addons using Font Awesome 5 new classes. And if you enable the add-ons the conflict occurs. Please contact your theme support and ask them to update Font Awesome version. 

Customer
Topic starter
(@geebee100)

Hi,

Thanks. The problem was indeed with my theme. It has now been resolved by adding the following to my child theme's additional CSS:

.fa{
font:normal normal normal 14px/1 FontAwesome;
font-weight:normal;
}

Gerhard

Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to top