Notifications
Clear all

YouTube videos stopped embedding after site migration

12 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@phinx1)
Topic starter  

I am having two issues, one of which has been happening since I first installed wpDiscuz and the other just started since I migrated a new site design over to be the working site.

I had been testing wpDiscuz on the new site I was building and at first YouTube videos would not embed when I posted a comment with the URL. After a while, it began working and displaying the video. Since I have moved the site and launched it, the URL is again just appearing as a URL and not displaying the actual video. This issue is my top priority to fix.

The other issue I've been experiencing is that when I use the option to have infinite scroll on comments, there is a blank space instead of images in the comments that are not initially displayed when you first arrive on the page. Also, when the URL of an image is posted in a comment, there is again a blank space displayed and the image does not appear until the page is refreshed.

Thanks for your help with these issues!

Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi @phinx1,

Could you please leave your website URL?

ReplyQuote
(@phinx1)
Topic starter  

https://planetpov.com

ReplyQuote
Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Thank you @phinx1,

We'll need some login details. Please register some new user and send login details to info[at]gectors.com email address. 

ReplyQuote
Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi @phinx1,

Something is wrong with login details. Please check it and make sure it's available for regular users.

ReplyQuote
(@phinx1)
Topic starter  

It is working now, same login info.

This post was modified 5 years ago by phinx1

ReplyQuote
Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Thank you @phinx1,

Now we've successfully logged-in. We're going to check this issue.

I'll update the topic asap. 

ReplyQuote
(@phinx1)
Topic starter  

Great! Thanks so much!

ReplyQuote
Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

@phinx1,

I had been testing wpDiscuz on the new site I was building and at first YouTube videos would not embed when I posted a comment with the URL. After a while, it began working and displaying the video. Since I have moved the site and launched it, the URL is again just appearing as a URL and not displaying the actual video. This issue is my top priority to fix.

wpDiscuz doesn't have a built-in youtube embeds feature. It seems you'd used some additional plugin that was providing this feature. The only way to embed from youtube is the wpDiscuz paid wpDiscuz Media Uploader add-on. 

https://gvectors.com/product/wpdiscuz-media-uploader/

The other issue I've been experiencing is that when I use the option to have infinite scroll on comments, there is a blank space instead of images in the comments that are not initially displayed when you first arrive on the page. Also, when the URL of an image is posted in a comment, there is again a blank space displayed and the image does not appear until the page is refreshed.

We haven't faced such an issue. Please provide us some example URL. 

ReplyQuote
(@phinx1)
Topic starter  

My mistake, it is a function that Jetpack provides and I just discovered that was the issue.

As to the image display issue, you can use the login info I sent you and post an image with a URL to see what the issue is, the image doesn't appear but a blank space the size of the image does. The page needs to be refreshed after posting an image to see it. Should this be happening?

ReplyQuote
Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

ok @phinx1,

I see the issue. This kind of problem is usually caused by cache/minify plugins. Please try to deactivate plugins one by one to find the problem maker one. 

And please don't remove the login details yet. I'll ask the plugin developers to check the issue as well. 

ReplyQuote
Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

@phinx1,

Some of your plugins or active theme effects on the image loading process. As you can see all images, including avatars, post images, etc, appears with some effects.

To find the problem maker one please deactivate plugins one by one and check after each deactivation. then switch some default theme and check again to make sure the problem doesn't come from the theme. 

ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to top