Notice message appe...

Notifications
Clear all

Notice message appeared when administrator closed a comment thread.

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@nesty-dev)
Topic starter  

Hello.

I wrote a comment for a post, then, as an administrator, I tried to close my own comment, just to test it.

Then Those warnings/errors show;

Notice: Undefined index: is_user_logged_in in /home/vol15_2/epizy.com/epiz_23065473/htdocs/wp-content/themes/general-blog/wpdiscuz/class.WpdiscuzWalker.php on line 252

Notice: Undefined variable: chevron in /home/vol15_2/epizy.com/epiz_23065473/htdocs/wp-content/themes/general-blog/wpdiscuz/class.WpdiscuzWalker.php on line 40

What could that be?

(I'm using the plugin on a WordPress website.)

Thanks.

Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi @nesty-dev,

Thank you for letting us know. We'll check and back to you asap. 

ReplyQuote
(@nesty-dev)
Topic starter  

Ok.

I just noted something else, that warning now also appears whenever I, or someone else, post a comment on either this post or other posts.

And the warning appears for everyone (Logged in users and guests), above the comment.

ReplyQuote
(@nesty-dev)
Topic starter  

Nevermind, it was my fault: I didn't remove the wpdiscuz folder I had in my theme, which originally did some custom changes to the plugin.

Removing it solved the problem for me.

But is there still a way to edit the walker.php file and wpdiscuz.css file?

Also, when updating my wpdiscuz plugin version from 4.x to 5.x, I didn't read the full new features and notes on the update, so I didn't know that I had to remove these two files from my theme, therefore I ended up with these problems.

It was fine for me since I'm a tech guy and could figure it out, but there surely are non-tech people that use the plugin for there business, and they would end up in a real problem if something like that happens to them.

So what I would like to be implemented is a message system that warns the user about the steps they need to do when they upgrade/after they upgrade the wpdiscuz plugin.

That's just a suggestion, and thanks for your great support and great plugin.

ReplyQuote
Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi @nesty-dev,

I apologize for the late response. 

You're still able to customize the wpdiscuz.css and class.WpdiscuzWalker.php files. Also, you can use your old customized files. Just update the files. Make sure there are not functions that are not compatible with the wpDiscuz new version. 

ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to top