Clear all

Edit the code to integrate wpDiscuz with the service "consent solution"

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@fabricom)
Topic starter  

Hi, 

I'm using a service called "consent solution" by Iubenda (for GDPR) which allows to register all information submitted (included the consent to the privacy policy) by users through the forms on my website.. such as contact form, comments form, newsletter form, etc.. 
To do that I need to edit the code of the form.. I already set the "contact form 7" plugin... to give you an idea about what I did to set it and how is the method to follow, you can have a look here: https://www.iubenda.com/en/help/13083-consent-solution-contact-form-7

Now I have to edit your plugin wpDiscuz in order to integrate it with the "consent solution" service.. the method is the same of the contact form 7, but I don't know how to edit properly the plugin code.. How and what do I have to edit?

Thanks
Kind regards

Fabrizio 

Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi @fabricom,

wpDiscuz has many tools and options to help you with GDPR compliance. Please read this doc: https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-documentation/gdpr/

Now I have to edit your plugin wpDiscuz in order to integrate it with the "consent solution" service.. 

I'm really sorry, but there is no update-safe way for such changes.  All change will be lost after the update. 

ReplyQuote
(@fabricom)
Topic starter  

Hi Astghik, 

thank you for the prompt reply.. I read that doc, was very useful to set up everything and make the comments form GDPR friendly.. but I need one more thing to have the form fully GDPR compliant: record the consent.. have a record of the consent given by users, a copy (in a text-based version, for example) of the form that the user used to leave a comment. How can I activate this feature? 

Thanks

Kind regards 

Fabrizio 

This post was modified 5 years ago by fabricom

ReplyQuote
(@fabricom)
Topic starter  

I'd need a feature like this:

When a user fills out the form and posts a comment, you can see within your wpdisquz dashboard the full text of what they granted permission for (personal data and consent checkbox text). So you can view the permissions they granted and the timestamp for when they did so.

Is it possible to activate a kind of feature like that? 

Thanks 

Fabrizio

ReplyQuote
Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi @fabricom,

Sorry for the late response. 

I'm really sorry, but wpDiscuz doesn't have a feature, that allows you to display the information on the frontend. 

The information is not stored in DB. wpDiscuz saves the Cookies Consent in cookies so you can get it and display as you like. 

ReplyQuote
(@fabricom)
Topic starter  

Ok I got it, thanks. How can I display the Cookies consent?

ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to top