Add dynamic ability...

Notifications
Clear all

Add dynamic ability to set "Leave a reply" header text (based on post title & no. of comments)

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@pjrobertson)
Topic starter  

I was just looking at this blog post: https://www.longren.io/add-html-to-the-end-of-every-wordpress-post/#respond

Screenshot 2019 05 17 at 11.51.13

And noticed how the header for the comments section was "One thought on “Add HTML To The End of Every WordPress Post”"

This is great for two reasons:

1. It includes the name of the post - great for reminding the user what they're reading as well as SEO

2. The "One thought" (or I guess in the future "Ten thoughts") part encourages people to take a part in the discussion. Imaging my comment thread has 100 comments, saying "100 thoughts on XXX" is way more appealing than "Leave a reply".

As such, I would love for there to be a way to alter the "Header Text" for a form, either in one of two ways:

1. Shortcodes which I can enter straight into the box on the Edit form page (e.g. [title] for Post title, [comment_qty] for number of comments). E.g. I could use "[comment_qty] thoughts on '[title]'" to get the same style as the link above.

wpDiscuz comment form editor field header title leave a reply 001

2. Push the 'header_text' or more specifically `getHeaderText()` function through a filter so that I can use add_filter and edit it myself from functions.php

Thanks!

This topic was modified 5 years ago by pjrobertson

Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi @pjrobertson,

Thank you for sharing the information. We really appreciate you taking time and leave it here.

This will be taken into consideration for future releases. 

ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to top