Ads Manager broke my comments on WpDiscuz

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter
(@cmorillo)

Hi,

I had to disable Ads Manager on the page https://www.petrolprices.com/news/blanket-diesel-ban-not-happen/ as people from Mobile Phones such as Android couldn't comment on the site. The footer for commenting didn't appear.

It worked fine on Desktop is just for mobile phones.

Also had to change recatpcha method to wp session and now I can put it back to File system , the button doesn't work?

Cheers

5 Replies
 Tom
Admin
(@tomson)
Famed Member

Hi cmorillo,

We don't see the problem, could you please enable Ads manager addon and leave some screenshot where we could see the problem.

Customer
Topic starter
(@cmorillo)

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply, I have enabled all now could you please have a look, try on your mobile phone and you will see what I mean, you won't be able to submit a comment.

Cheers,

Carlos

Tom
Admin
(@tomson)
Famed Member

The problem is not in Ads manager addon. The problem is in the ads codes you use. Please disable all comment ads, enable those one by one and find the one which causes this problem. Before checking each one you should delete cache and use private session of mobile browser, because mobile browsers cache is very hard, otherwise you'll not see changes.

Ads codes should not contain line breaks in HTML attributes. Also they should not be multi-line. Once you found the problem maker ads, please get the identical copy of the code (use editor text mode) and attach in a TXT file here.

Customer
Topic starter
(@cmorillo)

Hi Tom,

We just use one ad, and is dfp, code

Screenshot from 2018 03 14 11 13 27

The code is this one,quite an standard one I think? If I change it to become an image it works but then we get no revenue from it:

<div style="overflow: hidden;"><div id='div-gpt-ad-in_comments-1'>
<script>
googletag.cmd.push(function() {
var mappingInComments = googletag.sizeMapping().addSize([0, 0], [300,250]).addSize([336, 0], [[336,280],[300,250]]).build();
googletag.defineSlot('/283405443/PTP//news//article//in_comments', [300, 250], 'div-gpt-ad-in_comments-1').defineSizeMapping(mappingInComments).addService(googletag.pubads());
googletag.enableServices();
googletag.display('div-gpt-ad-in_comments-1');
});
</script>
</div>
</div>

Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to top