Clear all

Copy "normal" Emojis doesn't work

12 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter
(@mary-mattiolo)

Hi, how can I enable paste "normal" Emojis from the keyboard? Now, it looks like in the screenshot. 

Kind regards

Bildschirmfoto 2022 08 31 um 09.18.24

11 Replies
 Tom
Admin
(@tomson)
Famed Member

Hi @mary-mattiolo,

Please check out the wpDiscuz Emoticons addon: https://gvectors.com/product/wpdiscuz-emoticons/

Customer
Topic starter
(@mary-mattiolo)

I have this Add-on. This is not, what I'm searching for.

1 Reply
 Tom
Admin
(@tomson)

Famed Member

@mary-mattiolo,

Then I don't see what you're searching for. Please try to rephrase your question.

Customer
Topic starter
(@mary-mattiolo)

When I use the standard comment form from WP itself, I can just copy and paste Emojis, and they appear. When I do this, when WPDiscuz is installed, it won't work anymore. Then there is instead of an emoji just the link from the screenshot. 

Customer
Topic starter
(@mary-mattiolo)

?? Can you please give me feedback here? In your comment form, it is also possible to paste keyboard emojis … 

Thank you 

6 Replies
 Tom
Admin
(@tomson)

Famed Member

Hi @mary-mattiolo,

It comes from the Quill Editor. This doesn't have any relation to the Emoticons addon.

wpDiscuz rich editor is based on the Quill Editor, like WordPress is based on TinyMCE. So these are third party solutions, and they have their issues as well. At the moment, we don't have any solution to fix this weird behavior of Quill Editor.

Customer
(@mary-mattiolo)

@tomson Okay, thanks for the explanation. How did you solve the problem here in your forum? With the foro integration?

Tom
Admin
(@tomson)

Famed Member

@mary-mattiolo,

This is not wpDiscuz plugin, this is the wpForo forum plugin, and it uses the WordPress TiniMCE editor. This is a heavy editor which cannot be used for comments, it's designed for creating article and posts.

Customer
(@mary-mattiolo)

@tomson Thanks because I'm actually implementing the wpForo plugin.

Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)

Illustrious Member

@mary-mattiolo,

Please let us know if there are any questions regarding this topic. We see you're using the wpDiscuz Emoticon plugin and in this case, the answer is provided here: https://gvectors.com/forum/postid/33622/

Customer
(@mary-mattiolo)

@astgh For the moment I have no more answers. But it is quite disappointing, that this problem exists. 🙁 Would be great, when there is a solution in the future.

Share:
Scroll to top