[Solved] myCred Point Count in wpForo

6 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Curtis
Customer
Topic starter
(@cbisel16)

I bought the myCred add-on for wpForo. I see in the hooks section (wpForo integration) of the myCred plugin settings how to turn on badges under a user avatar in wpForo. But, how do I simply show a users myCred point total under their profile avatar?

5 Replies
Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member
Hi Curtis,

Thank you for your interest in our plugins and addons.

I'm sorry, but there is no such option yet, we already added it in our to do list. It'll be available in future releases.
1 Reply
Curtis
Customer
(@cbisel16)

Posted by: Astghik  
I'm sorry, but there is no such option yet, we already added it in our to do list. It'll be available in future releases.

Astghik, that's disappointing. But, it's a 1.0 version of a plugin. So, I understand not everything can be included. 

I am surprised though, that showing a running myCRED point total under avatars wasn't included in the 1.0 though, since the whole purpose of myCRED is to add up points that a user earns. And if a user can't see their own point total regularly, or see others earning points in the forum area under other people's avatar pictures to make them want to earn more points, then we're all really missing out on a core feature. (I know it displays badges now, but it takes time to earn a badge, and "new users" won't get one for a while)

Glad to hear it's in the to-do list. I hope it's in the 1.0.1 or 1.1 short list! 😉

Curtis
Customer
Topic starter
(@cbisel16)

I see that "Display earned Points under comment author avatar" is now working in the wpDiscuz Integration for myCred in the hooks page.

Can you tell me if this is now going to be added to the wpForo Integration soon now?

Tom
Admin
(@tomson)
Famed Member

Hi @cbisel16,

Please update to the latest 1.0.2 version. It should already allow you add points.

1 Reply
Curtis
Customer
(@cbisel16)

Ah @tomson, thank you! For some reason, my Wordpress Updates wasn't showing there was an update for the wpForo Integration plugin all this time. I had the  1.0 version still installed.

I had to delete it, download new one and install it — but now all is good! It works! I see the coin count!! Thank you!! I'm so happy now. 🙂

Share:
Scroll to top