Notifications
Clear all

wpDiscuz Wordpress plugin

10 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@przemm)
Topic starter  

When I activate the plugin, they layout of my page with post is broken.

Please have a look at the attached screenshots.

CAn you help me, please?

Tom
(@tomson)
Famed Member Admin

Hi przemm,

please leave some URL to allow us inspect CSS conflicts.

ReplyQuote
(@przemm)
Topic starter  

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. Here is the example URL with post having issues:

http://www.bookiescanlose.com/2016/05/23/trade-day-nurnberg-frankfurt/

ReplyQuote
(@przemm)
Topic starter  

Any news, please? I would like to disable the plugin on my site for now but at the same time ask you to continue the investigation.

Can I do that?

ReplyQuote
 Tom
(@tomson)
Famed Member Admin

Hi przemm,

we didn't find the conflict point, we need check the default comment wrappers the activate wpDiscuz and find differences. We just saved all div structures of default comment system on your website. Please active wpDiscuz, to allow as compare those.

ReplyQuote
(@przemm)
Topic starter  

Thanks Tom.

I have just activated the plugin again.

ReplyQuote
 Tom
(@tomson)
Famed Member Admin

We just inspected all differences. As far as I see this is a Camyno theme. This theme has built-in comment file which is being loaded as string. But the regular comment loading way is the including method of comment form file. So when you use wpDiscuz it can't load comment system as string and outputs wpDiscuz within new wrapper section. In other words it loads comment section with regular page wrappers into current page wrapper, wrapper code in the same wrapper code.
I'm really sorry but this theme and wpDiscuz are totally incompatible. We've never faced with such issue during last years so there is no any solution for such theme yet. If you can wait for 1-2 weeks we'll review this theme and try to find some solution. But for this purpose we'd need theme installation package, this is not a free theme.

ReplyQuote
(@przemm)
Topic starter  

I had a word with theme author and you are right. Here is what he said:

Camyno loads the comments via the standard WordPress comments_template(); method, this content is then passed into a string to be displayed through a shortcode on every page. Currently there isn't a workaround for this unless you replace the contents of the page.php file and single.php file which is a modification I am not able to make

It looks like I won't be able to use the plugin unless you are able to update it so it works with Camyno.

ReplyQuote
(@przemm)
Topic starter  

Team,

I would like to bring the below issue to your attention again. Has anything changed over time? I noticed that a completely new version of your plugin is available.

Is there any chance of fixing this issue with Camyno theme?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@tr1angulat3)
Member Customer

One of my sites keeps throwing the following PHP Warning:

PHP Warning: key_exists(): The first argument should be either a string or an integer in /home/xxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpdiscuz/forms/wpDiscuzForm.php on line 284

Im running the latest version of the plugin on other sites in a shared hosting environment too with no php warnings.

Apparently this is the line of code on line 284 which appears the same on my other sites:

284:              } elseif (key_exists($postType, $this->formContentTypeRel)) {

I'm slowly going through deactivating my plugins to eliminate/recreate the issue which seems to occur inconsistently 3 or 4 times daily. but I'm not able to pick up yet on what may be triggering it. It usually resides in my php error log after an overnight or when I revisit the site at random times.

I was hoping you might be able to give me some insight so I could better track this down.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to top