Notifications
Clear all

wpDiscuz to a custom made theme

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@kuzomegane)
Topic starter  
I installed wpDiscuz comments template and it's not showing up. I tried the steps shown on this page https://gvectors.com/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/resolved-wpdiscuz-comment-form-is-missing/ , but no luck. However, when I tried to switch my theme to twentyseventeen, wpDiscuz worked perfectly.

I believe it has something to do with the codes I have on my theme that I made. I checked and wpDiscuz css and other things don't even go in to my head tag. How do I make wpDiscuz to work on my theme?

I have a comments.php using almost the same one as twentyseventeen. Am i missing something that makes wpDiscuz not work?

my single.php looks like this:

<?php get_header(); ?> 
<?php if (have_posts()) : while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>
<div class="stitle">
<div class="newsport" style="background-image:url(<?php echo get_the_post_thumbnail_url($post->ID, 'medium'); ?>)"></div>
<h1><?php the_title(); ?></h1>
</div>
<div class="thecontent wrap"> <?php echo get_the_date(); ?> <p><?php the_content(); ?></p> </div>
<div class="wrap"> <?php if ( comments_open() || get_comments_number() ) :
comments_template();
endif;?> </div>
<?php endwhile; ?>
<?php endif; ?>
This topic was modified 5 years ago by kuzomegane

Topic Tags
 Tom
(@tomson)
Famed Member Admin

Hi @kuzomegane,

Please follow to the instruction mentioned in documentation, it includes more points and information and make sure you delete all caches after each point of debugging:

https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-documentation/getting-started/missing-comment-form/

ReplyQuote
(@kuzomegane)
Topic starter  

Im sorry but I have already done all the steps there too, just to make sure I tried it again and deleted my caches everytime. I dont think it has something to do with dashboard settings anymore since switching to twentyseventeen makes it wpDiscuz work completely.

Could there be something missing from the codes of my theme. Like something that I did not put but is needed to make wpDiscuz appear.

ReplyQuote
(@kuzomegane)
Topic starter  

For those who have themes made from scratch, make sure to add

<?php wp_head(); ?>

before the closing </head> tag and 

<?php wp_footer(); ?>
before </body>

ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to top