Clear all

Wp Discuz 2nd comment level and pagination issue

8 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@kashkin-art)
Topic starter  

Hello!

1. I have a website in 2 languages. 2nd level comments in one language works fine with "View replies button", but in another language when I press that button  it doesn't show anything (though the comment exists). 
2. Sorting buttons don't work as well. When I press them all the comments disappear.
3. Comments loading/pagination type works only with "Load all comments". If I choose another option, then it shows a lot less comments and the buttons [Load rest of all comments] Button or doesn't work. Lazy loading doesn't work as well.

I tried to check these issues while disabling the rest of the plugins and also cleared cache and changed Wordpress theme to Twenty Nineteen. Nothing works.

https://artyomkashkin.ru/ru/dolgozhdannyj-reliz-moej-novoj-pesni-tomorrow/

This topic was modified 5 years ago by kashkin.art

Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi @kashkin-art,

Thank you for using wpDiscuz and for contacting us. 

1. I have a website in 2 languages. 2nd level comments in one language works fine with "View replies button", but in another language when I press that button  it doesn't show anything (though the comment exists). 

This is a known issue. Most of ML plugins don't support this. However, there is some workaround for this problem if you use WPML. Please check this WPML support topic:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/show-comments-in-all-languages/

wpDiscuz has no chance to do this, it should be managed from ML plugins and WordPress side.

2. Sorting buttons don't work as well. When I press them all the comments disappear.

Please enable the sorting buttons to allow us to check it. 

3. Comments loading/pagination type works only with "Load all comments". If I choose another option, then it shows a lot less comments and the buttons [Load rest of all comments] Button or  doesn't work. Lazy loading doesn't work as well.

Could you please record some video of the issue. 

ReplyQuote
(@kashkin-art)
Topic starter  

Thank you for the quick reply!

2. 3. I have enabled Sorting buttons and set pagination type for

Thank you!

ReplyQuote
Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Thank you @kashkin-art,

Could you please deactivate the W3 Total Cache plugin and check again? 

Don't forget to press Ctrl+F5 before checking to reload updated JS/CSS files.   

ReplyQuote
(@kashkin-art)
Topic starter  

W3 Total Cache has been deactivated. The issue still exists.

ReplyQuote
Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

ok @kashkin-art,

Please don't change the options. I've just asked the developers to check your website. Please wait a bit I'll update the topic asap. 

kashkin.art reacted
ReplyQuote
Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

@kashkin-art,

Could you please send the admin login details to info[at]gvectors.com email address to allow us to check the issue? 

ReplyQuote
Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Thank you @kashkin-art.

We've checked and found that the issue comes from the WPML plugin.

It set the English language once ajax is working, so the issue takes place. i.e it tries to get comments in the English language. The developers said that the issue is caused by the comments_clauses_filter() function. The function is in wp-content\plugins\sitepress-multilingual-cms\classes\query-filtering\wpml-query-filter.class.php file.

Please contact the WPML plugin support and let them know about the issue.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to top