26 Users
2 Likes
112.6 K Views
 Tom
(@tomson)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hi,

If wpDiscuz comment form is missing on your website, please follow to this instruction.

Tip 1

Navigate to Dashboard > Comments > Forms, edit the Default Form make sure it's enabled for all post types, save it then do Ctrl+F5 on front-end.

wpDiscuz custom post type settings

Tip 2

Some themes don’t use <?php comments_template() ?> WordPress template function, thus wpDiscuz can’t be loaded. You should ask theme support to make sure they use this function in comment section. More information here: https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/comments_template

Tip 3

Checks the WordPress post "Allow Comments" option and hides the comment form if it's unchecked. This option is located on all posts/pages edit page.

1) Make sure the "Discussions" admin-box is allowed using "Screen Options" in "Edit Post" admin page:

wpDiscuz-form-missing

2) Find the "Discussions" admin-box below and make sure "Allow Comments" option is turned on.

wpDiscuz-form-missing-2

That's it. After this you'll see that all ok, wpDiscuz form is still with you 😉

Tip 4

Also, please go to Dashboard > Settings > Discussions and check this option ON, to set all new posts' commenting enabled by default:

wpDiscuz-invisible-comment-form

Tip 5

Make sure you don' use other comment plugins. For example the Jetpack Comments should be disabled

(@cristianneb)

Thanks!!!

(@renpub)

...then navigate to Dashboard > Comments > Forms, edit the default form and set it for all post types you want.

Aha! I didn't have the pages checkbox ticked, all working now, thanks!

Alex
(@sanya)
Member Customer

Thx!!

Arik
(@glouds)
Member Customer

i don't have: <?php comments_template() ?>

but i do have :<?php comments_template(); ?>

since the last update of wpDiscuz the template only shows the default wordpress comments! 

wpDiscuz was working fine for the last 4 months and i didn't replace the theme

EDIT: I deleted the semicolon ; from the <?php comments_template(); ?> and now it works. I have no idea why. but maybe it will help someone else

Bob
(@expolab)
Member Customer

solved thank you.  people could not react after 14 days on posts.

One mor thing i installed the captua but stull i get spam in.

Some sugestions?

Tom
(@tomson)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter  

One mor thing i installed the captua but stull i get spam in.

Please navigate to Dashboard > Comments > Forms admin page, edit the Default Form and enable it for all post types, even for attachments.

huy
(@huy)

Dear friends, 

Please help me, when I modify forms in Forms,

before I see have some fields: name, mail, code, .... and I saved, but after I saved, I view again, but now no have any fields....also no have the "Add" button to add field.

Please help me, thanks

Tom
(@tomson)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter  

Please try again, edit, make sure it's enabled for all post types and save it. Then delete cach and do Ctrl+F5 on front-end.

(@gooma2)

Hi,

I'm having same issue and I have done everything that was suggested in this thread but the regular WP comment section remains.

Example post:   https://movietvtechgeeks.com/rip-gregg-allman-influential-southern-rocker-dies-69/

If there are any other suggestion, they would be greatly appreciated.

Tom
(@tomson)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter  

Please try again. Navigate to Comments > Forms admin page, edit the Default Form, make sure it's enabled for all post types, save it, then delete all caches and do Ctrl+F5 on front-end.

pdm
(@pdm)

I am not able to get the Comment form to show. I completed the initial steps listed below...

1) Make sure the "Discussions" admin-box is allowed using "Screen Options" in "Edit Post" admin page:

2) Find the "Discussions" admin-box below and make sure "Allow Comments" option is turned on.

3) Also, please go to Dashboard > Settings > Discussions and check this option ON, to set all new posts' commenting enabled by default:

I am not techie, just need the comment form to show. 

Tom
(@tomson)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter  

Please navigate to Dashboard > Comments > Forms admin page, edit the Default Form and click on Update button. Then delete all caches and do Ctrl+F5 on front-end.

pdm
(@pdm)

Please see attached setting when I went to Dashboard > Comments > Forms admin page. I deleted caches and Ctl+F5 on the front-end. 

Tom
(@tomson)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter  

I don't see any attachment.

pdm
(@pdm)

Please review the attached and let me know why comments won't show up. 

Dashboard   Comments   Forms   Default form setting

Tom
(@tomson)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter  

Could you please delete all forms, and create it again? Then delete all caches and check it no  front-end. Also lease deactivate wpDiscuz and make sure the WordPress default comment form works on your theme on the same page. And make sure Jetpack Comments is disabled.

Hoan
(@hoan)

Posted by: Tom

Could you please delete all forms, and create it again? Then delete all caches and check it no  front-end. Also lease deactivate wpDiscuz and make sure the WordPress default comment form works on your theme on the same page. And make sure Jetpack Comments is disabled.

Hey guy,  I found my problem. Wpdiscuz interfered with JetPack Comment, when i deactived the Jetpack plugin then i immediately  showed the wpdiscuz comment Form. But i still and need to use jetpack plugin, so tell me how can i configure the jetpack setting to not interfered with wpdiscuz. 

Thanks

Tom reacted
 Tom
(@tomson)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter  

Sure, this is the first you should do when install wpDiscuz. All other comment plugin should be deactivated once you install wpDiscuz.

(@hascott93)

Hi!

I have done everything suggested and the comment form is still missing. I am suppose to launch tomorrow, so I am in major need. I am also not computer savvy at all so any help would be great. 

Page 1 / 4
Share:
Scroll to top