Notifications
Clear all

How to change comment notifications address (mail)?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 dm1
(@dm1)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Good day.

For mailing, I use the Amazon SES service and the WP Offload SES plugin for it. The "notification address" (WordPress Notification Email) is the address of notification@domail.com. As the "Reply To" address, notification@domail.com is also used.

All letters to users (about registration, password change, payment for access) come from notification@domail.com. But all new comment notifications (with WP Discuz plugin) come from no-reply@domain.com. Such emails are sent by some mail services in the "Sibscribes" (Newsletters) folder (this is almost like spam).

Amazon SES does not recommend using the address no-reply@domain.com and may block for their use.

How to make comment notifications (with WP Discuz plugin) go from notification@domail.com?

dm1
(@dm1)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Some more info. When I put the WPDiscuz plugin, I still had (may be) the address of the no-reply@domain.com as the sender. Perhaps the WPDiscuz plugin remembered it.

After that, the notification@domail.com address is always used for sending.

ReplyQuote
Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi @dm1,

I'm going to ask the developers how we can help you in this case.  I'll update the topic within 4-5 hours. 

ReplyQuote
Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

@dm1,

This code should help you to solve the issue.  Add the code in your current active theme's functions.php file: 

add_filter('wp_mail_from', function ($email){
return 'no-reply@blogname.com';
});

Don't forget to change the red marked code (set the right email) before using. 

ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to top